Status of Zend\Feed

demiankatz
Hello,

It seems to me that the Zend\Feed component hasn't gotten much love lately. It still works, but there are some annoying problems:

1.) Building extensions is messy; I find myself having to extend the iTunes extension to build things because there aren't good interfaces or base classes to work with.

2.) Some code style seems outdated -- there are protected methods prefixed by underscores, and this forces me to violate my own project's coding style when I build extensions.

I'm just curious whether anyone is planning on updating any of this or whether there's something newer than Zend\Feed that I should be investigating.

I'd be happy to discuss this further and/or submit a pull request or two if there's interest in making improvements, but I thought I would check in on the state of the art before investing any significant work into it.

thanks,
Demian