SpiffyNavigation in ZF3?

Ralf Eggert
Hi,

I heard or read some time ago, that the SpiffyNavigation is going to
replace Zend\Navigaton in ZF3. So we implemented it in a project and the
performance boost was significant.

So, will SpiffyNavigation really replace Zend\Navigation or is this just
a rumour going around?

Thanks and best regards,

Ralf

Re: SpiffyNavigation in ZF3?

Marco Pivetta
It is an idea.

Some notes about ZF3:

 - there is still no official branch for it
 - we will most probably re-introduce voting and RFCs as we did when moving to ZF2 (it helped a lot in fleshing out requirements/user needs)
 - what we are doing as ZF3 PRs is just theorical experiments - we don't yet have anything merged

Zend\Navigation is a good candidate for a component that should GTFO and be replaced, that's a sure thing :-)

On 18 December 2013 23:11, Ralf Eggert <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I heard or read some time ago, that the SpiffyNavigation is going to
replace Zend\Navigaton in ZF3. So we implemented it in a project and the
performance boost was significant.

So, will SpiffyNavigation really replace Zend\Navigation or is this just
a rumour going around?

Thanks and best regards,

Ralf

Re: SpiffyNavigation in ZF3?

Frank Brückner
Hi Ralf,
I have not seen any discussion, voting or a RFC. So I think it is not
officially.

Kind regards,
Frank

Am 18.12.2013, 23:11 Uhr, schrieb Ralf Eggert <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> I heard or read some time ago, that the SpiffyNavigation is going to
> replace Zend\Navigaton in ZF3. So we implemented it in a project and the
> performance boost was significant.
>
> So, will SpiffyNavigation really replace Zend\Navigation or is this just
> a rumour going around?
>
> Thanks and best regards,
>
> Ralf

Re: SpiffyNavigation in ZF3?

Antoine Hedgecock
I was the one that added the suggestion on the ZF3 moderation tool.
And just by looking at the current crappy state of Zend\Navigation i agree with Marco it should GTFO!

Best regards
Antoine Hedgecock
Senior developer
PMG Media Group AB
Tel: +46707972145

Re: SpiffyNavigation in ZF3?

Tomáš Fejfar
I really like how JetBrains use bugtracker with voting for new features.
That may be an inspiration

On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 1:23 AM, Marco Pivetta <[hidden email]> wrote:
 - we will most probably re-introduce voting and RFCs as we did when moving to ZF2 (it helped a lot in fleshing out requirements/user needs)

Tomas Fejfar
tomasfejfar.cz