SpiffyNavigation for replacing Zend\Navigation in ZF3

SpiffyNavigation for replacing Zend\Navigation in ZF3

Kyle Spraggs
Per the Roave event today I'm requesting some eyes on http://github.com/spiffyjr/spiffy-navigation for potential integration into ZF3. I hastily updated Zend\Navigation before the first RC to be a bit simpler to use with the MVC layer but the changes were hacky, at best. For my own projects I wanted to rewrite the navigation component with MVC in mind to make it much simpler to integrate.

I wrote SpiffyNavigation primarily using TDD so the core is fully tested. The MVC integration, however, is not.

* It's most certainly a BC break, however, the API could potentially be modified to be similar to Zend\Navigation.
* Easily create configuration based containers which can be read from all view helper (https://github.com/spiffyjr/spiffy-navigation#creating-containers).
* A listener to handle authorization (currently only RBAC is provided but ACL could be easily added)

Please review the code and throw out any concerns or issues. Thanks!

Kyle Spraggs
"There is a tide in the affairs of men. Which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune; Omitted, all the voyage of their life Is bound in shallows and in miseries." - WIlliam Shakespeare

Re: SpiffyNavigation for replacing Zend\Navigation in ZF3

Hey Kyle!

That's a good direction, since Navigation is very inflexible as it is.

I'm just noticing that the navigation factory is overly complex, and I'm wondering if we can create the actual navigation page objects when requested, instead of building them all the time, even when not needed.

On 6 November 2013 17:57, Kyle Spraggs [via Zend Framework Community] <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

http://zend-framework-community.634137.n4.nabble.com/SpiffyNavigation-for-replacing-Zend-Navigation-in-ZF3-tp4661180.html
To start a new topic under ZF Contributor, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from ZF Contributor, click here.
NAML