SpiffyCalendar for the Zend Framework

Kyle Spraggs-3
I wasn't quite sure which category to post this in but went with the "general" topic. If this is incorrect please correct me and I'll move it to the appropriate category.

Finding a Calendar

I ran into a situation this weekend where I needed a calendar for the Zend Framework. I spent an hour or so searching but couldn’t find anything that fit my tastes so I made my own. My calendar uses Zend_Date and Zend_Locale and is truly Zendy (new word?). It uses renderers to generate the calendar and comes with the default renderer of ZendView.

Features

  • Completely integrated as a library package for Zend Framework.
  • Utilizes Zend_Date and Zend_Locale provided by the Zend Framework.
  • Rendered using different adapters (ships with Zend_View and a view script).
  • Support for adding events/appointments (defaults are Table and Array but could easily be expanded for others such as JSON/Google Calendar)
  • Easily AJAXified

More information can be found at http://www.spiffyjr.me. I'm finishing up a few features before I post a download but I would love to hear the communities thoughts and needs before releasing the initial version.
Kyle Spraggs (SpiffyJr)
http://www.spiffyjr.me

Re: SpiffyCalendar for the Zend Framework

Vladas Diržys
Hi,

I would like to test and to use it in one of my projects. I also would give you a feedback what I (didn't) liked or what features I miss.
So if it would be possible, please sent me this package or the download link :-)

Anyway, I think calendar could be very useful.

--
Kind Regards,
Vladas Diržys

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 16:32, Kyle Spraggs <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

http://www.spiffyjr.me

Re: SpiffyCalendar for the Zend Framework

Ralph Schindler-2
Your component is very intersting.  From a developers standpoint, I can
tell you that the problem of calendaring comes up more than you think.
In the past, we've seen several Zend_Calendar proposals, most notably
Thomas's:

http://framework.zend.com/wiki/display/ZFPROP/Zend_Calendar+-+Thomas+Weidner

There are several problems in this area I can see there is room to solve
in a component in a generic and reusable way:

   * collecting "events" into a container
   * handling calender rendering in the view
   * interrogation of a calendar object in ways not handled by Zend_Date
   * (etc)

Do you have any interest in working towards a Zend_Calendar component?

Nice work!
-ralph

Kyle Spraggs wrote:

> I wasn't quite sure which category to post this in but went with the
> "general" topic. If this is incorrect please correct me and I'll move it
> to the appropriate category.
>

>     Finding a Calendar
>
> I ran into a situation this weekend where I needed a calendar for the
> Zend Framework. I spent an hour or so searching but couldn’t find
> anything that fit my tastes so I made my own. My calendar uses Zend_Date
> and Zend_Locale and is truly Zendy (new word?). It uses renderers to
> generate the calendar and comes with the default renderer of ZendView.
>

>     Features
>
>     * Completely integrated as a library package for Zend Framework.
>     * Utilizes Zend_Date and Zend_Locale provided by the Zend Framework.
>     * Rendered using different adapters (ships with Zend_View and a view
>       script).
>     * Support for adding events/appointments (defaults are Table and
>       Array but could easily be expanded for others such as JSON/Google
>       Calendar)
>     * Easily AJAXified
>

> More information can be found at http://www.spiffyjr.me. I'm finishing
> up a few features before I post a download but I would love to hear the
> communities thoughts and needs before releasing the initial version.
>
> --
> Kyle Spraggs (SpiffyJr)
> http://www.spiffyjr.me

Re: SpiffyCalendar for the Zend Framework

Thomas Weidner
Hy Ralph,

The intendation for my Zend_Calendar proposal was, to provide a component
which can handle different calendar systems. Gregorian, Islamic, Chinese and
several other calendar systems are needed.

It was no component for a "event calendar" nor someone with view
integration. As several people noticed that this would make sense, (maybe
also the name was misleading) I saw that this is out of scope for the
proposal I made.

Therefor my Zend_Calendar will not be developed this way and is already
archived.
I will add the necessary functionallity, for different calendar systems,
directly to Zend_Date (rework for 2.0).

Any other Zend_Calendar author can then take advantage of this directly
through using Zend_Date.
(For example converting from a gregorian date to a chinese date).

Greetings
Thomas Weidner, I18N Team Leader, Zend Framework
http://www.thomasweidner.com

> Your component is very intersting.  From a developers standpoint, I can
> tell you that the problem of calendaring comes up more than you think. In
> the past, we've seen several Zend_Calendar proposals, most notably
> Thomas's:
>
> http://framework.zend.com/wiki/display/ZFPROP/Zend_Calendar+-+Thomas+Weidner
>
> There are several problems in this area I can see there is room to solve
> in a component in a generic and reusable way:
>
>   * collecting "events" into a container
>   * handling calender rendering in the view
>   * interrogation of a calendar object in ways not handled by Zend_Date
>   * (etc)
>
> Do you have any interest in working towards a Zend_Calendar component?
>
> Nice work!
> -ralph
>
> Kyle Spraggs wrote:
>> I wasn't quite sure which category to post this in but went with the
>> "general" topic. If this is incorrect please correct me and I'll move it
>> to the appropriate category.
>>

>>     Finding a Calendar
>>
>> I ran into a situation this weekend where I needed a calendar for the
>> Zend Framework. I spent an hour or so searching but couldn’t find
>> anything that fit my tastes so I made my own. My calendar uses Zend_Date
>> and Zend_Locale and is truly Zendy (new word?). It uses renderers to
>> generate the calendar and comes with the default renderer of ZendView.
>>

>>     Features
>>
>>     * Completely integrated as a library package for Zend Framework.
>>     * Utilizes Zend_Date and Zend_Locale provided by the Zend Framework.
>>     * Rendered using different adapters (ships with Zend_View and a view
>>       script).
>>     * Support for adding events/appointments (defaults are Table and
>>       Array but could easily be expanded for others such as JSON/Google
>>       Calendar)
>>     * Easily AJAXified
>>

>> More information can be found at http://www.spiffyjr.me. I'm finishing up
>> a few features before I post a download but I would love to hear the
>> communities thoughts and needs before releasing the initial version.
>>
>> --
>> Kyle Spraggs (SpiffyJr)
>> http://www.spiffyjr.me

Re: SpiffyCalendar for the Zend Framework

Ben Scholzen 'DASPRiD'
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: SpiffyCalendar for the Zend Framework

Mischosch
Am 16.09.2009 um 12:14 schrieb Vladas Diržys:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to test and to use it in one of my projects. I also
> would give you a feedback what I (didn't) liked or what features I
> miss.
> So if it would be possible, please sent me this package or the
> download link :-)
>
> Anyway, I think calendar could be very useful.

+1

really useful!
can't wait looking at it… could you make it public by svn or git?

thanks a lot…

MS

> On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 16:32, Kyle Spraggs <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> I wasn't quite sure which category to post this in but went with the
> "general" topic. If this is incorrect please correct me and I'll
> move it to the appropriate category.
> Finding a Calendar
> I ran into a situation this weekend where I needed a calendar for
> the Zend Framework. I spent an hour or so searching but couldn’t
> find anything that fit my tastes so I made my own. My calendar uses
> Zend_Date and Zend_Locale and is truly Zendy (new word?). It uses
> renderers to generate the calendar and comes with the default
> renderer of ZendView.
>
> Features
> • Completely integrated as a library package for Zend Framework.
> • Utilizes Zend_Date and Zend_Locale provided by the Zend Framework.
> • Rendered using different adapters (ships with Zend_View and a
> view script).
> • Support for adding events/appointments (defaults are Table and
> Array but could easily be expanded for others such as JSON/Google
> Calendar)
> • Easily AJAXified
>
> More information can be found at http://www.spiffyjr.me. I'm
> finishing up a few features before I post a download but I would
> love to hear the communities thoughts and needs before releasing the
> initial version.
> --
> Kyle Spraggs (SpiffyJr)
> http://www.spiffyjr.me

Gruß

Michael

smime.p7s (3K) Download Attachment

Re: SpiffyCalendar for the Zend Framework

SpiffyJr

Kyle Spraggs-3 wrote
[...]

I've been sending emails from my Thunderbird but it appears none of them have been posted. I'm going to make another post using Nabble which gives info on my release for v1.0.0 which can get at http://www.spiffyjr.me.
Kyle S
blogs @ www.spiffyjr.me
github @ www.github.com/spiffyjr
follow @ www.twitter.com/spiffyjr