Setting the timezone

pisaacs
I'm sort of new to Zend Framework. So I'm sorry if the questions seems dumb, but that being said, my company recent had me move our MySQL database to a an instance Amazon's RDS platform.

So here's the problem. We use the timestamp feature in mysql for the as part of our application, but the database's timezone is set by default to UTC by AWS and cannot be change and the the website uses EST. So I need to figure out how to change it.

I've seen postings on the web about setting the Timezone on a perconnection basis (which I honestly don't quite understand what that means), but I was hoping for a simplier solution. What I'd like to do is just pass the timezone to the Zend_Db when it starts up a connection but I found no documentation on this.

Does anyone have any suggestions that could help?

Thanks,

PBI