SAP class

ThaDafinser
Hello together,

i started last week using the SAPRFC class

For this reason i've written some classes, to abstract it (mainly based on the old ones).
Would the classes maybe be usefull for some of you?
(Then i would get them ready for ZF)

Best regards
Martin Keckeis

Re: SAP class

Tomáš Fejfar
If I understand correctly, it's an extension. Extension themselves can create classes and stuff. Why would you want to include this into ZF? The classes should be included directly in the extension (as seen in PDO for example).

I suggest creating a repo on Github for it and maybe creating a module on modules.zendframework.com, but I see no reason why this should be a part of ZF. But maybe others have different oppinion ;)

For me personally - I don't need SAP access at all.

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 1:58 PM, Martin Keckeis <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello together,

i started last week using the SAPRFC class

For this reason i've written some classes, to abstract it (mainly based on the old ones).
Would the classes maybe be usefull for some of you?
(Then i would get them ready for ZF)

Best regards
Martin Keckeis

Re: SAP class

ThaDafinser

I see ZF as a application framework and also as a good company framework.
That way SAP connection is like LDAP. You need it quiet often. Maybe its more for the current ZendX part?

Am 19.06.2012 14:33 schrieb "Tomáš Fejfar" <[hidden email]>:
If I understand correctly, it's an extension. Extension themselves can create classes and stuff. Why would you want to include this into ZF? The classes should be included directly in the extension (as seen in PDO for example).

I suggest creating a repo on Github for it and maybe creating a module on modules.zendframework.com, but I see no reason why this should be a part of ZF. But maybe others have different oppinion ;)

For me personally - I don't need SAP access at all.

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 1:58 PM, Martin Keckeis <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello together,

i started last week using the SAPRFC class

For this reason i've written some classes, to abstract it (mainly based on the old ones).
Would the classes maybe be usefull for some of you?
(Then i would get them ready for ZF)

Best regards
Martin Keckeis

Re: SAP class

Shahar Evron-2

On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 2:54 PM, Martin Keckeis <[hidden email]> wrote:

I see ZF as a application framework and also as a good company framework.

I think SAP access is a relatively rare requirement for PHP projects. When I worked on Zend Server for Zend while dealing with many enterprise customers I can only remember very few requests from users to include SAP connectivity into our PHP distribution.

So my opinion is that this should not be included into Zend Framework but rather, you can create a ZF2 module with the SAP functionality you are planning - this is a very good usecase for an external module.

Shahar.