S3 Service / CDN using ZF

robert mena
Hi,

I've searched the archives but could not find anything new about a Zend_S3 (for Amazon's S3 service).   The idea was dropped?

I'd like to use Amazon's S3 to store image files and direct the users to their servers when they are not local.  I'd need to use some GeoIP or other method to define the URL to serve the users.

Thanks

Re: S3 Service / CDN using ZF

Justin Plock
robert mena wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've searched the archives but could not find anything new about a
> Zend_S3 (for Amazon's S3 service).   The idea was dropped?
>
> I'd like to use Amazon's S3 to store image files and direct the users to
> their servers when they are not local.  I'd need to use some GeoIP or
> other method to define the URL to serve the users.
>
> Thanks
Zend_Service_Amazon_S3 is in the incubator if you'd like to try it out.
You register it as a PHP stream and then use it like you'd access normal
files.

-Justin

Re: Re: S3 Service / CDN using ZF

robert mena
Hi Justin,

Thank you.   Does it work with CloudFront? (another amazon service).

On Sun, Dec 7, 2008 at 9:22 PM, Justin Plock <[hidden email]> wrote:
robert mena wrote:
Hi,

I've searched the archives but could not find anything new about a Zend_S3 (for Amazon's S3 service).   The idea was dropped?

I'd like to use Amazon's S3 to store image files and direct the users to their servers when they are not local.  I'd need to use some GeoIP or other method to define the URL to serve the users.

Thanks
Zend_Service_Amazon_S3 is in the incubator if you'd like to try it out. You register it as a PHP stream and then use it like you'd access normal files.

-Justin

Re: Re: S3 Service / CDN using ZF

robert mena
I'll give it a shot.  I've downloaded ZF-1.7.1 but could not find it under incubator  folder.  Where is it?

On Sun, Dec 7, 2008 at 9:54 PM, Justin Plock <[hidden email]> wrote:
I haven't done any specific work with the CloudFront API.  I've sort
of been on hold with the S3 class waiting for feedback on what the
next steps would be with it.

-Justin

Re: Re: S3 Service / CDN using ZF

jasonistaken
It's actually in the laboratory at the moment.
You can check it out from svn at:
<http://framework.zend.com/svn/framework/laboratory/library/Zend/Service/Amazon/>

robert mena wrote:

> I'll give it a shot.  I've downloaded ZF-1.7.1 but could not find it
> under incubator  folder.  Where is it?
>
> On Sun, Dec 7, 2008 at 9:54 PM, Justin Plock <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     I haven't done any specific work with the CloudFront API.  I've sort
>     of been on hold with the S3 class waiting for feedback on what the
>     next steps would be with it.
>
>     -Justin

Re: S3 Service / CDN using ZF

LeonardBlair