Quantcast

Release of the ZF + Doctrine 1 Integration

Release of the ZF + Doctrine 1 Integration

Benjamin Eberlei-2

Hello everyone,

I completed a first version of Zend + Doctrine 1 integration today and

want to share it with all you. Since currently the status on a 1.11

release is unclear I

contacted all the contributors to various Doctrine-related components

and combined them into a single release and wrote some documentation on

all the different parts and how they relate to each other.

http://github.com/beberlei/zf-doctrine

The code is under the New BSD License. There is a comprehensive getting

started guide

shipped with the Github Project.

The following parts are included in this release:

* Application Resource contributed by Matt Lurz

* Dynamic Form Generation contributed by Jani Hartikainen

* Paginator Adapter contributed by Matt Lurz and Juozas Kaziukenas

* Zend Tool Provider and modular Zend Project Style Support

Thanks to all the contributors and various other people that contributed

ideas and code.

For any feedback regarding this integration, you can use

the issue tracker on Github.

This release depends on Doctrine 1.2.2 to allow model code-generation

from YAML files that supports Zend Framework Modular projects and their

directory structure.

Most of the current glue code out there is made obsolete by generating

Models that follow the Zend Framework naming conventions, into Zend

Framework models/ directories. Additionally there is also support for

modular applications whose model classes should follow the PEAR naming

schema.

Additionally the dynamic form support allows to create simple forms that

allow to create and edit Doctrine_Record instances and their relations.

This is a great help to rapidly prototype admin forms (however support

for more complex forms is not yet included).

Since both projects are currently very focused on their 2.0 releases,

this release aims to glue all the existing code for Doctrine 1.x and

Zend Framework integration 1.x together, giving them a platform to

flourish.

greetings,

Benjamin

Re: Release of the ZF + Doctrine 1 Integration

Ralph Schindler-2
This is great! Nice work to you and all others involved in making it happen!

-ralph

Benjamin Eberlei wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I completed a first version of Zend + Doctrine 1 integration today and
> want to share it with all you. Since currently the status on a 1.11
> release is unclear I
> contacted all the contributors to various Doctrine-related components
> and combined them into a single release and wrote some documentation on
> all the different parts and how they relate to each other.
>
> http://github.com/beberlei/zf-doctrine
>
> The code is under the New BSD License. There is a comprehensive getting
> started guide
> shipped with the Github Project.
>
> The following parts are included in this release:
>
> * Application Resource contributed by Matt Lurz
> * Dynamic Form Generation contributed by Jani Hartikainen
> * Paginator Adapter contributed by Matt Lurz and Juozas Kaziukenas
> * Zend Tool Provider and modular Zend Project Style Support
>
> Thanks to all the contributors and various other people that contributed
> ideas and code.
>
> For any feedback regarding this integration, you can use
> the issue tracker on Github.
>
> This release depends on Doctrine 1.2.2 to allow model code-generation
> from YAML files that supports Zend Framework Modular projects and their
> directory structure.
>
> Most of the current glue code out there is made obsolete by generating
> Models that follow the Zend Framework naming conventions, into Zend
> Framework models/ directories. Additionally there is also support for
> modular applications whose model classes should follow the PEAR naming
> schema.
>
> Additionally the dynamic form support allows to create simple forms that
> allow to create and edit Doctrine_Record instances and their relations.
> This is a great help to rapidly prototype admin forms (however support
> for more complex forms is not yet included).
>
> Since both projects are currently very focused on their 2.0 releases,
> this release aims to glue all the existing code for Doctrine 1.x and
> Zend Framework integration 1.x together, giving them a platform to
> flourish.
>
> greetings,
> Benjamin

Re: Release of the ZF + Doctrine 1 Integration

Diego Potapczuk
Very good!

I will take a look

::: Diego Potapczuk

Benjamin Eberlei wrote:
[...]

Guillaume ORIOL
Great work!

BTW, did anybody succeed in integrating Zend + Doctrine 2?

Regards
--
Guillaume

Le 24/05/10 19:03, Diego Potapczuk a écrit :

> Very good!
>
> I will take a look
>
> ::: Diego Potapczuk
>

> On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 1:19 PM, Ralph Schindler
>
>     This is great! Nice work to you and all others involved in making it
>     happen!
>
>     -ralph
>

>     Benjamin Eberlei wrote:
>
>         Hello everyone,
>
>         I completed a first version of Zend + Doctrine 1 integration
>         today and
>         want to share it with all you. Since currently the status on a 1.11
>         release is unclear I
>         contacted all the contributors to various Doctrine-related
>         components
>         and combined them into a single release and wrote some
>         documentation on
>         all the different parts and how they relate to each other.
>
>         http://github.com/beberlei/zf-doctrine
>
>         The code is under the New BSD License. There is a comprehensive
>         getting
>         started guide
>         shipped with the Github Project.
>
>         The following parts are included in this release:
>
>         * Application Resource contributed by Matt Lurz
>         * Dynamic Form Generation contributed by Jani Hartikainen
>         * Paginator Adapter contributed by Matt Lurz and Juozas Kaziukenas
>         * Zend Tool Provider and modular Zend Project Style Support
>
>         Thanks to all the contributors and various other people that
>         contributed
>         ideas and code.
>
>         For any feedback regarding this integration, you can use
>         the issue tracker on Github.
>
>         This release depends on Doctrine 1.2.2 to allow model
>         code-generation
>         from YAML files that supports Zend Framework Modular projects
>         and their
>         directory structure.
>
>         Most of the current glue code out there is made obsolete by
>         generating
>         Models that follow the Zend Framework naming conventions, into Zend
>         Framework models/ directories. Additionally there is also
>         support for
>         modular applications whose model classes should follow the PEAR
>         naming
>         schema.
>
>         Additionally the dynamic form support allows to create simple
>         forms that
>         allow to create and edit Doctrine_Record instances and their
>         relations. This is a great help to rapidly prototype admin forms
>         (however support
>         for more complex forms is not yet included).
>
>         Since both projects are currently very focused on their 2.0
>         releases,
>         this release aims to glue all the existing code for Doctrine 1.x and
>         Zend Framework integration 1.x together, giving them a platform to
>         flourish.
>
>         greetings,
>         Benjamin

Re: Release of the ZF + Doctrine 1 Integration

Loïc Frering
Really great work guys! Can't wait to see that in ZF 1.11 :)

Concerning Doctrine 2 I wrote a simple Application Resource and several components for integration with ZF (Generic Service and Dao, scaffolding, integration with Symfony DI Container...).

You can grab my code on my Github: http://github.com/loicfrering/losolib/blob/master/library/LoSo/.

Regards.

Loïc Frering

Re: Release of the ZF + Doctrine 1 Integration

Guillaume ORIOL
Just had a quick look to your code, Loïc.
Seems great!
Will have an in depth look to it this evening.

I wonder why I could find Symfony-related code in the Zend folder.
I guess the only needed class for Doctrine 2 is Zend/Application/Resource/Doctrine2.php

Thanks
--
Guillaume

Le 26/05/10 14:44, Loïc Frering a écrit :

> [...]
>
>                 Additionally the dynamic form support allows to create
>         simple
>                 forms that
>                 allow to create and edit Doctrine_Record instances and their
>                 relations. This is a great help to rapidly prototype
>         admin forms
>                 (however support
>                 for more complex forms is not yet included).
>
>                 Since both projects are currently very focused on their 2.0
>                 releases,
>                 this release aims to glue all the existing code for
>         Doctrine 1.x and
>                 Zend Framework integration 1.x together, giving them a
>         platform to
>                 flourish.
>
>                 greetings,
>                 Benjamin

> Loïc Frering

Re: Release of the ZF + Doctrine 1 Integration

Really a great code, just wanted it has a more complex example, like related entitys and such.

About the Symfony code is because he is using some code from Synfony inside Zend, like de DI, so Zend has to know how to use it, like as an Application Resource or a Controller Helper.

::: Diego Potapczuk

Just had a quick look to your code, Loďc.

           Benjamin Eberlei wrote:

[...]

As said Diego, Symfony code is related to my deep integration (into the Dispatcher) of Symfony Dependency Injection Container with Zend Framework. By the way I'm interested in having feedback on this integration, I'll blog about this soon.

To come back to Doctrine 2, you can easily use the resource and the build command in LoSo/Doctrine/ORM/Tools/Console/Command/ (manages the underscored namespaced classes). Then for a multilayered architecture with DI, a Service layer and Dao layer, I've developed a GenericDao, a GenericService and scaffolding facilities to generate your form, dao, service, controller (complete CRUD), views and translations for a Doctrine 2 mapped entity. You'll find examples on my GitHub : http://github.com/loicfrering/losolib.

Regards.

           Benjamin Eberlei wrote:

[...]

Loïc Frering

Re: Release of the ZF + Doctrine 1 Integration

coba
Who can explain me the difference between Doctrine_Record and Zend_Db_Table_Row ?