Quantcast

Proposal to update Abstract/Interface Naming Conventions

Proposal to update Abstract/Interface Naming Conventions – Greetings, all -- Below is a proposal I am making to modify the Zend Framework Coding Standards conventions for the naming of Interfaces and Abst...
I'm going to break a couple of rules here: I'm replying to my own email, as well as top-posting. Bear with me... Robin S. raised an interesting p...
Re: Proposal to update Abstract/Interface Naming Conventions – That's fine, and I agree with the reasoning (standardization). There are still a couple of issues to resolve: - I think Zend Framework should st...
Re: Proposal to update Abstract/Interface Naming Conventions – -- Matthew Ratzloff <matt@...> wrote (on Monday, 13 April 2009, 03:19 PM -0700): > That's fine, and I agree with the reasoning (standardi...
>> - PEAR standards also stipulate capitalized abbreviations in mixed-case class >> names, e.g., zend\controller\request\HTTP. Do we...
Addressing the following points one by one, with some reasoning and additional brainstorming: > In a nutshell, here's what they define: >...
Super, i like that with the interface name + abstract suffix, although in my opinion an abstract prefix is much more readable since its in the en...
-- Benjamin Eberlei <kontakt@...> wrote (on Monday, 13 April 2009, 02:55 PM +0200): > Super, i like that with the interface name + abstra...
why do something that is not even accepted yet? but in your case CloudDecorator and TagDecorator seem to be better than *Core for me On Sunday ...
Re: Proposal to update Abstract/Interface Naming Conventions – On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 20:24, Matthew Weier O'Phinney <matthew@...>wrote: > > > * Use generic, descriptive names indicative of fu...
Re: Proposal to update Abstract/Interface Naming Conventions – -- Robin Skoglund <robinsk@...> wrote (on Friday, 10 April 2009, 09:42 PM +0200): > On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 20:24, Matthew Weier O'Phinne...
"I also notice that namespaces are written in Uppercase\Notation -- Zend\Controller\Request. Will this be the standard? Another alternative i...
Re: Proposal to update Abstract/Interface Naming Conventions – "This decision is basically already made..." Before I weigh in, I'd first like to suggest that this is perhaps a poor approach to this s...
Re: Proposal to update Abstract/Interface Naming Conventions – -- Matthew Ratzloff <matt@...> wrote (on Friday, 10 April 2009, 01:08 PM -0700): > "This decision is basically already made..."...
Re: Proposal to update Abstract/Interface Naming Conventions – I think Ben and I are saying similar things. Zend\View\PhpCore and Zend\View\PhpEngine seem a bit awkward. Surely it would be easier and more ap...
Re: Proposal to update Abstract/Interface Naming Conventions – -- Matthew Ratzloff <matt@...> wrote (on Friday, 10 April 2009, 03:35 PM -0700): > I think Ben and I are saying similar things. ┬áZend\Vie...
Matthew, If I understand you correctly I could rename Zend_Service_Amazon_Abstract to Zend_Service_Amazon_Awsobject and have the ec2 and s3 c...
-- Jon Whitcraft <sidhighwind@...> wrote (on Friday, 10 April 2009, 03:11 PM -0400): > If I understand you correctly I could rename >...
Re: Proposal to update Abstract/Interface Naming Conventions – Hey Matthew, a general question -- will 2.0 raise the dependency PHP 5.3? Till On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 8:24 PM, Matthew Weier O'Phinney <mat...
Re: Proposal to update Abstract/Interface Naming Conventions – -- till <klimpong@...> wrote (on Friday, 10 April 2009, 08:28 PM +0200): > a general question -- will 2.0 raise the dependency PHP 5.3? ...