Proposal refactoring ZendQueue

GianArb
Hi! Over the last few months we worked on
ZendQueue<https://github.com/ripaclub/ZendQueue> component
refactoring.

Inspired by the original RFC (
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:yoyvW8ZtPOoJ:framework.zend.com/wiki/display/ZFDEV2/RFC%2B-%2BZend%2BQueue%2BRefactoring+&cd=1&hl=it&ct=clnk&gl=it
<http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:yoyvW8ZtPOoJ:framework.zend.com/wiki/display/ZFDEV2/RFC%2B-%2BZend%2BQueue%2BRefactoring+&cd=1&hl=it&ct=clnk&gl=it>)
and some new ideas about component usages, we made a not backward
compatible refactor of https://github.com/zendframework/ZendQueue (never
officially release and in a bad state yet).

Reconsidering adapters choice we removed some old adapters (like Memcacheq
and PlatformJobQueue, also we introduced two MongoDB-based adapters, with
particular regard to Mongo's capped collection approach for creating a
simple message queue (http://shtylman.com/post/the-tail-of-mongodb/ ).

He following adapters are implemented and tested:

   - ArrayAdapter (mock/testing)
   - Db (with table and row gateways)
   - MongoCappedCollection (supports just one queue per collection)
   - MongoCollection (supports just one queue per collection)
   - Null (used to disable a queue and testing)

The following new features are introduced and tested:

   - Send / Receive parameters
   - Adapter Capabilities Interfaces
   - Real await (MongoCappedCollection) and emulated await
   - QueueOptions, factories and service factories etc etc..

We'd like your opinion, also we'd like to know if our implementation is
acceptable for the official
repository<https://github.com/zendframework/ZendQueue> otherwise
we've to found a way to make it a stable repository (because we're using
already it in various projects, maybe using another namespace instead of
ZendQueue).

Thanks by
https://github.com/orgs/ripaclub/members

--
Gianluca Arbezzano
www.gianarb.it
Gianluca Arbezzano aka GianArb
www.gianarb.it

Re: Proposal refactoring ZendQueue

Artur Bodera
On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 11:41 PM, Gianluca Arbezzano <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hi! Over the last few months we worked on
> ZendQueue<https://github.com/ripaclub/ZendQueue> component
> refactoring.

Hey guys!

Do you have any manual for that component ? examples ?
readme.md and wiki are both empty.

Art.

+48 695 600 936
http://thinkscape.pro

Re: Proposal refactoring ZendQueue

GianArb
Hi! We are working for new version.
you  can find examples of implementations like tests

On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 11:41 PM, Gianluca Arbezzano <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hi! Over the last few months we worked on
> ZendQueue<https://github.com/ripaclub/ZendQueue> component
> refactoring.

Hey guys!

Do you have any manual for that component ? examples ?
readme.md and wiki are both empty.

Art.

http://thinkscape.pro

http://zend-framework-community.634137.n4.nabble.com/Proposal-refactoring-ZendQueue-tp4661881p4661887.html
To start a new topic under Zend Framework, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Zend Framework Community, click here.
NAML

--
Gianluca Arbezzano
www.gianarb.it
Gianluca Arbezzano aka GianArb
www.gianarb.it

Re: Proposal refactoring ZendQueue

Can you post this to the zf-contributors list, please? That's where we
generally discuss the development of ZF and/or its components itself.

Thanks!

On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 5:41 PM, Gianluca Arbezzano <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi! Over the last few months we worked on
> ZendQueue<https://github.com/ripaclub/ZendQueue> component
> refactoring.
>
> Inspired by the original RFC (
> http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:yoyvW8ZtPOoJ:framework.zend.com/wiki/display/ZFDEV2/RFC%2B-%2BZend%2BQueue%2BRefactoring+&cd=1&hl=it&ct=clnk&gl=it
> <http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:yoyvW8ZtPOoJ:framework.zend.com/wiki/display/ZFDEV2/RFC%2B-%2BZend%2BQueue%2BRefactoring+&cd=1&hl=it&ct=clnk&gl=it>)
> and some new ideas about component usages, we made a not backward
> compatible refactor of https://github.com/zendframework/ZendQueue (never
> officially release and in a bad state yet).
>
> Reconsidering adapters choice we removed some old adapters (like Memcacheq
> and PlatformJobQueue, also we introduced two MongoDB-based adapters, with
> particular regard to Mongo's capped collection approach for creating a
> simple message queue (http://shtylman.com/post/the-tail-of-mongodb/ ).
>
> He following adapters are implemented and tested:
>
>    - ArrayAdapter (mock/testing)
>    - Db (with table and row gateways)
>    - MongoCappedCollection (supports just one queue per collection)
>    - MongoCollection (supports just one queue per collection)
>    - Null (used to disable a queue and testing)
>

> The following new features are introduced and tested:
>
>    - Send / Receive parameters
>    - Adapter Capabilities Interfaces
>    - Real await (MongoCappedCollection) and emulated await
>    - QueueOptions, factories and service factories etc etc..
>
> We'd like your opinion, also we'd like to know if our implementation is
> acceptable for the official
> repository<https://github.com/zendframework/ZendQueue> otherwise
> we've to found a way to make it a stable repository (because we're using
> already it in various projects, maybe using another namespace instead of
> ZendQueue).
>
> Thanks by
> https://github.com/orgs/ripaclub/members
>
> --
> Gianluca Arbezzano
> www.gianarb.it

List: [hidden email]

Re: Proposal refactoring ZendQueue

GianArb
Ok, I send this mail into zf-contributors list..
Thanks! :)

Can you post this to the zf-contributors list, please? That's where we
generally discuss the development of ZF and/or its components itself.

Thanks!

On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 5:41 PM, Gianluca Arbezzano <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi! Over the last few months we worked on
> ZendQueue<https://github.com/ripaclub/ZendQueue> component
> refactoring.
>
> Inspired by the original RFC (
> http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:yoyvW8ZtPOoJ:framework.zend.com/wiki/display/ZFDEV2/RFC%2B-%2BZend%2BQueue%2BRefactoring+&cd=1&hl=it&ct=clnk&gl=it
> <http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:yoyvW8ZtPOoJ:framework.zend.com/wiki/display/ZFDEV2/RFC%2B-%2BZend%2BQueue%2BRefactoring+&cd=1&hl=it&ct=clnk&gl=it>)

> and some new ideas about component usages, we made a not backward
> compatible refactor of https://github.com/zendframework/ZendQueue (never
> officially release and in a bad state yet).
>
> Reconsidering adapters choice we removed some old adapters (like Memcacheq
> and PlatformJobQueue, also we introduced two MongoDB-based adapters, with
> particular regard to Mongo's capped collection approach for creating a
> simple message queue (http://shtylman.com/post/the-tail-of-mongodb/ ).
>
> He following adapters are implemented and tested:
>
>    - ArrayAdapter (mock/testing)
>    - Db (with table and row gateways)
>    - MongoCappedCollection (supports just one queue per collection)
>    - MongoCollection (supports just one queue per collection)
>    - Null (used to disable a queue and testing)
>

> The following new features are introduced and tested:
>
>    - Send / Receive parameters
>    - Adapter Capabilities Interfaces
>    - Real await (MongoCappedCollection) and emulated await
>    - QueueOptions, factories and service factories etc etc..
>
> We'd like your opinion, also we'd like to know if our implementation is
> acceptable for the official
> repository<https://github.com/zendframework/ZendQueue> otherwise
> we've to found a way to make it a stable repository (because we're using
> already it in various projects, maybe using another namespace instead of
> ZendQueue).
>
> Thanks by
> https://github.com/orgs/ripaclub/members
>
> --
> Gianluca Arbezzano
> www.gianarb.it

List: [hidden email]

http://zend-framework-community.634137.n4.nabble.com/Proposal-refactoring-ZendQueue-tp4661881p4661889.html

www.gianarb.it

Re: Proposal refactoring ZendQueue

GianArb
Sorry I try to subscribe at zf-conbributors list but a confirmation request email not arrive..
There are problems with ML? Thanks!

Ok, I send this mail into zf-contributors list..
Thanks! :)

Can you post this to the zf-contributors list, please? That's where we
generally discuss the development of ZF and/or its components itself.

Thanks!

On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 5:41 PM, Gianluca Arbezzano <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi! Over the last few months we worked on
> ZendQueue<https://github.com/ripaclub/ZendQueue> component
> refactoring.
>
> Inspired by the original RFC (
> http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:yoyvW8ZtPOoJ:framework.zend.com/wiki/display/ZFDEV2/RFC%2B-%2BZend%2BQueue%2BRefactoring+&cd=1&hl=it&ct=clnk&gl=it
> <http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:yoyvW8ZtPOoJ:framework.zend.com/wiki/display/ZFDEV2/RFC%2B-%2BZend%2BQueue%2BRefactoring+&cd=1&hl=it&ct=clnk&gl=it>)

> and some new ideas about component usages, we made a not backward
> compatible refactor of https://github.com/zendframework/ZendQueue (never
> officially release and in a bad state yet).
>
> Reconsidering adapters choice we removed some old adapters (like Memcacheq
> and PlatformJobQueue, also we introduced two MongoDB-based adapters, with
> particular regard to Mongo's capped collection approach for creating a
> simple message queue (http://shtylman.com/post/the-tail-of-mongodb/ ).
>
> He following adapters are implemented and tested:
>
>    - ArrayAdapter (mock/testing)
>    - Db (with table and row gateways)
>    - MongoCappedCollection (supports just one queue per collection)
>    - MongoCollection (supports just one queue per collection)
>    - Null (used to disable a queue and testing)
>

> The following new features are introduced and tested:
>
>    - Send / Receive parameters
>    - Adapter Capabilities Interfaces
>    - Real await (MongoCappedCollection) and emulated await
>    - QueueOptions, factories and service factories etc etc..
>
> We'd like your opinion, also we'd like to know if our implementation is
> acceptable for the official
> repository<https://github.com/zendframework/ZendQueue> otherwise
> we've to found a way to make it a stable repository (because we're using
> already it in various projects, maybe using another namespace instead of
> ZendQueue).
>
> Thanks by
> https://github.com/orgs/ripaclub/members
>
> --