Quantcast

Proposal: Don't implement BC requirement until ZF 2.1

Proposal: Don't implement BC requirement until ZF 2.1 – Hi, One thing that I think hurt ZF 1 was that we froze the API and introduced the no BC breakages rule from ZF 1.0. Of course, ZF 1.0 was when ...
On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 5:03 PM, Rob Allen <rob@...> wrote: > > Hi, > > One thing that I think hurt ZF 1 was that we froze t...
On 22 Jun 2011, at 23:11, Bradley Holt wrote: > > * Use an odd-even release strategy: odd minor releases are beta > releases, even ...
On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 4:14 AM, Rob Allen <rob@...> wrote: > > On 22 Jun 2011, at 23:11, Bradley Holt wrote: >> >> * ...
On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 12:11 AM, Bradley Holt <bradley.holt@...> wrote: > On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 5:03 PM, Rob Allen <rob@...> w...
I like the idea of a 2.0b_ series that would allow BC breaks before a 2.0 release/final to allow some usage of the code, get wider feedback, befor...
If I understand right the point was that Rob was afraid people won't use betas enought, and will wail for first stable release - that will reveal...
> If I understand right the point was that Rob was afraid people won't use > betas enought, and will wail for first stable release - that w...
Hi all, perhaps we can go another. Why not introduce ZF 2.0 BETA1, BETA2, BETA3, and so on, until we get a stable 2.0 release. That's the &qu...
I don't think that will work, as a lot of people (myself included) will not port over to ZF2 until the API is frozen. If the API is not frozen...
On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 11:03 PM, Rob Allen <rob@...> wrote: > Hi, > > One thing that I think hurt ZF 1 was that we froze the AP...
Point is that it's more of a psychology game... to make people use ZF2 more. It's documented "hurt person" problem - when person is hur...
That's a chicken egg problem? As I said, I think with tutorials, people will try it out. I talked to Ralph last night on IRC and he mentione...
-- till <till@...> wrote (on Friday, 17 June 2011, 02:28 PM +0200): > That's a chicken egg problem? It is, and it isn't. It's a comm...
On 17 Jun 2011, at 16:56, Matthew Weier O'Phinney wrote: > -- till <till@...> wrote > (on Friday, 17 June 2011, 02:28 PM +0200):...
Op 19/06/2011 19:55, Rob Allen schreef: > On 17 Jun 2011, at 16:56, Matthew Weier O'Phinney wrote: > >> -- till<till@...> wr...
On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 5:56 PM, Matthew Weier O'Phinney <matthew@...> wrote: > -- till <till@...> wrote > (on Friday, 17 Jun...
+1 on the condition that we make best efforts to communicate the plan and reasoning ahead of time and at 2.0 release. Regardless of how much sens...
Why are you presuming a 2.0 release before it is ready? Lets be a little more like OpenSSL with the version numbers on this series? -- K ...
We might need a psychologist here :) * <http://www.tomasfejfar.cz>* What version scheme would make people adopt the desired "pre-relea...
On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 3:03 PM, Rob Allen <rob@...> wrote: > In the light of this expectation I'd like to propose that we allow BC br...
With PEAR at least you shouldn't be breaking BC on whole minor versions ie 2.0, 2.1, etc... Sent from my iPhone On Jun 15, 2011, at 3:04 PM...
I'd like to second this straight away. It allows real-world usage to give decent feedback on what needs changing, before we start pouring concr...
I'll third the motion. After refactoring an application to work with ZF2.0, it really shouldn't be too bad if there are changes. And even if ther...