Poll: what time should we hold the meeting?

Poll: what time should we hold the meeting?

During today's meeting, we voted to change the time of the IRC meeting;
due to DST returning, 18:00 UTC is no longer working for many
participants.

We initially voted to move it to 17:00 UTC, but a number of people
joined and/or spoke up after the vote indicating that 17:00 was just as
bad. So far, I've seen 19:00, 19:30, and 20:00 UTC all suggested as
alternative starting times.

I'd like to create a poll, but want to see which times would get the
most support initially so we can have the times narrowed down.

Speak up!

Re: Poll: what time should we hold the meeting?

Sascha-Oliver Prolic
Am 4. April 2012 23:19 schrieb Matthew Weier O'Phinney <[hidden email]>:

> During today's meeting, we voted to change the time of the IRC meeting;
> due to DST returning, 18:00 UTC is no longer working for many
> participants.
>
> We initially voted to move it to 17:00 UTC, but a number of people
> joined and/or spoke up after the vote indicating that 17:00 was just as
> bad. So far, I've seen 19:00, 19:30, and 20:00 UTC all suggested as
> alternative starting times.
>
> I'd like to create a poll, but want to see which times would get the
> most support initially so we can have the times narrowed down.
>
> Speak up!
>
> --
> Matthew Weier O'Phinney

 20:00 UTC would be best to me

Sascha-Oliver Prolic

Re: Poll: what time should we hold the meeting?

Wil Moore III
bad. So far, I've seen 19:00, 19:30, and 20:00 UTC all suggested as

Anything between 20:00 and 22:00 (inclusive) is good for me.

--
Wil Moore III

Best Practices for Working with Open-Source Developers
http://www.faqs.org/docs/artu/ch19s02.html

Why is Bottom-posting better than Top-posting:
http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

DO NOT TOP-POST and DO trim your replies:
http://linux.sgms-centre.com/misc/netiquette.php#toppost

Re: Poll: what time should we hold the meeting?

SocalNick
Sorry I missed this morning...the calendar invite didn't carry to this week for some reason.

This meeting planner might help:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingtime.html?iso=20120411&p1=224&p2=179&p3=136&p4=37

I'm in Western US so anytime after 16:00 is fine for me. Could go as early as 14:00 if that helps European folks.

-Nick

On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 2:19 PM, Matthew Weier O'Phinney <[hidden email]> wrote:
During today's meeting, we voted to change the time of the IRC meeting;
due to DST returning, 18:00 UTC is no longer working for many
participants.

We initially voted to move it to 17:00 UTC, but a number of people
joined and/or spoke up after the vote indicating that 17:00 was just as
bad. So far, I've seen 19:00, 19:30, and 20:00 UTC all suggested as
alternative starting times.

I'd like to create a poll, but want to see which times would get the
most support initially so we can have the times narrowed down.

Speak up!

Re: Poll: what time should we hold the meeting?

akrabat

On 4 Apr 2012, at 22:19, Matthew Weier O'Phinney wrote:

> I'd like to create a poll, but want to see which times would get the
> most support initially so we can have the times narrowed down.
>
> Speak up!

 I'm travelling home from work & wrangling kids from 5pm to around 7:30pm local time regardless of daylight savings time.

During BST, the best time for me is any time after 20:00 UTC.

Regards,

Rob...

Re: Poll: what time should we hold the meeting?

mattcockayne
I'm in the same boat as Rob re work and kids... after 20:00UTC or pre 16:00UTC works out best for me. That way I might have a chance of attending the meetings again.

Matt

On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 7:47 AM, Rob Allen <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

On 4 Apr 2012, at 22:19, Matthew Weier O'Phinney wrote:

> I'd like to create a poll, but want to see which times would get the
> most support initially so we can have the times narrowed down.
>
> Speak up!

 I'm travelling home from work & wrangling kids from 5pm to around 7:30pm local time regardless of daylight savings time.

During BST, the best time for me is any time after 20:00 UTC.

Regards,

Rob...

--
Matt Cockayne

Zucchi ! Digital Perfection
Managing Director

t: +44 (0) 161 435 6060
m: +44 (0) 7738 364766
a: Trident One / Styal Rd / Manchester / M22 5XP

Re: Poll: what time should we hold the meeting?

mattcockayne
would it be easier for people to state the times they would definitely not be available.

ie.. i cant do 08:00UTC, 09:00UTC & 17:00UTC - 19:00UTC no matter what... any other times I'm good or will make time for

Matt

On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 8:14 AM, Gary Hockin <[hidden email]> wrote:
Only 19:00 UTC is inconvenient for me, ideally I'd like to see 18:00, but if it's easier for others, I could make 20:00 (but no later).

Gary

On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 8:08 AM, Matt Cockayne <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm in the same boat as Rob re work and kids... after 20:00UTC or pre 16:00UTC works out best for me. That way I might have a chance of attending the meetings again.

Matt

On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 7:47 AM, Rob Allen <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

On 4 Apr 2012, at 22:19, Matthew Weier O'Phinney wrote:

> I'd like to create a poll, but want to see which times would get the
> most support initially so we can have the times narrowed down.
>
> Speak up!

 I'm travelling home from work & wrangling kids from 5pm to around 7:30pm local time regardless of daylight savings time.

During BST, the best time for me is any time after 20:00 UTC.

Regards,

Rob...

--
Matt Cockayne

Zucchi ! Digital Perfection
Managing Director

t: <a href="tel:%2B44%20%280%29%20161%20435%206060" value="+441614356060" target="_blank">+44 (0) 161 435 6060
m: <a href="tel:%2B44%20%280%29%207738%20364766" value="+447738364766" target="_blank">+44 (0) 7738 364766
a: Trident One / Styal Rd / Manchester / M22 5XP

--
Matt Cockayne

Zucchi ! Digital Perfection
Managing Director

t: +44 (0) 161 435 6060
m: +44 (0) 7738 364766
a: Trident One / Styal Rd / Manchester / M22 5XP

Re: Poll: what time should we hold the meeting?

Pádraic Brady
Been away on a small family emergency. But 17:00 sits on top of a common commute time for GMT folk. Effectively I'll never be in attendance - I actually try to get home early and beat the traffic as it is for the 18:00 time (when I log into IRC I'm barely in the door). Exceptions are paperwork madness when I can't work late from home so I can log from work and wait out the traffic jams.

On 4 Apr 2012, at 22:19, Matthew Weier O'Phinney <[hidden email]> wrote:

> During today's meeting, we voted to change the time of the IRC meeting;
> due to DST returning, 18:00 UTC is no longer working for many
> participants.
>
> We initially voted to move it to 17:00 UTC, but a number of people
> joined and/or spoke up after the vote indicating that 17:00 was just as
> bad. So far, I've seen 19:00, 19:30, and 20:00 UTC all suggested as
> alternative starting times.
>
> I'd like to create a poll, but want to see which times would get the
> most support initially so we can have the times narrowed down.
>
> Speak up!
>
> --
> Matthew Weier O'Phinney

Re: Poll: what time should we hold the meeting?

Same as Rob here... After 20:00 is surely better :)
Marco Pivetta

http://twitter.com/Ocramius

http://marco-pivetta.com

On 5 April 2012 11:49, Pádraic Brady [via Zend Framework Community] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Been away on a small family emergency. But 17:00 sits on top of a common commute time for GMT folk. Effectively I'll never be in attendance - I actually try to get home early and beat the traffic as it is for the 18:00 time (when I log into IRC I'm barely in the door). Exceptions are paperwork madness when I can't work late from home so I can log from work and wait out the traffic jams.

On 4 Apr 2012, at 22:19, Matthew Weier O'Phinney <[hidden email]> wrote:

> During today's meeting, we voted to change the time of the IRC meeting;
> due to DST returning, 18:00 UTC is no longer working for many
> participants.
>
> We initially voted to move it to 17:00 UTC, but a number of people
> joined and/or spoke up after the vote indicating that 17:00 was just as
> bad. So far, I've seen 19:00, 19:30, and 20:00 UTC all suggested as
> alternative starting times.
>
> I'd like to create a poll, but want to see which times would get the
> most support initially so we can have the times narrowed down.
>
> Speak up!
>
> --
> Matthew Weier O'Phinney

http://zend-framework-community.634137.n4.nabble.com/Poll-what-time-should-we-hold-the-meeting-tp4533206p4534387.html
To start a new topic under ZF Contributor, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from ZF Contributor, click here.
NAML

Re: Poll: what time should we hold the meeting?

Marco Pivetta (Ocramius)

On 5 April 2012 11:49, Pádraic Brady <[hidden email]> wrote:
Been away on a small family emergency. But 17:00 sits on top of a common commute time for GMT folk. Effectively I'll never be in attendance - I actually try to get home early and beat the traffic as it is for the 18:00 time (when I log into IRC I'm barely in the door). Exceptions are paperwork madness when I can't work late from home so I can log from work and wait out the traffic jams.

On 4 Apr 2012, at 22:19, Matthew Weier O'Phinney <[hidden email]> wrote:

> During today's meeting, we voted to change the time of the IRC meeting;
> due to DST returning, 18:00 UTC is no longer working for many
> participants.
>
> We initially voted to move it to 17:00 UTC, but a number of people
> joined and/or spoke up after the vote indicating that 17:00 was just as
> bad. So far, I've seen 19:00, 19:30, and 20:00 UTC all suggested as
> alternative starting times.
>
> I'd like to create a poll, but want to see which times would get the
> most support initially so we can have the times narrowed down.
>
> Speak up!
>
> --
> Matthew Weier O'Phinney

Re: Poll: what time should we hold the meeting?

I'm going to top-post here to summarize the replies so far.

The majority have indicated starting at 20:00 UTC or later would work
best.

A few folks have indicated starting earlier, but ending no later than
16:00 UTC would work.

I've posted a poll now; let's get consensus by tomorrow so we can
schedule our meeting for Wednesday.

http://framework.zend.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=47382549

-- Matthew Weier O'Phinney <[hidden email]> wrote
(on Wednesday, 04 April 2012, 04:19 PM -0500):

> During today's meeting, we voted to change the time of the IRC meeting;
> due to DST returning, 18:00 UTC is no longer working for many
> participants.
>
> We initially voted to move it to 17:00 UTC, but a number of people
> joined and/or spoke up after the vote indicating that 17:00 was just as
> bad. So far, I've seen 19:00, 19:30, and 20:00 UTC all suggested as
> alternative starting times.
>
> I'd like to create a poll, but want to see which times would get the
> most support initially so we can have the times narrowed down.
>
> Speak up!

Re: Poll: what time should we hold the meeting?

mattcockayne
Do we have a decision on a time change at all??? Would be good to know for tonight?

Matt