Quantcast

Poll: Interfaces/Abstract class naming conventions

Poll: Interfaces/Abstract class naming conventions – Hey, all -- I know this has been hashed out a fair bit already, and we've already established some guidelines, but as I play with code for ZF2, I...
Hi Matthew, Could you feed this discussion with some real world examples? For example "Foobarable" and "Foobarist" sound a li...
-- Ralf Eggert <r.eggert@...> wrote (on Monday, 15 March 2010, 10:34 PM +0100): > Could you feed this discussion with some real world exa...
Hi Ralf, this is my first "get-in-touch" with the zf-contributor list so please feel free to draw my attention to any mistakes i make. ...
Re: Poll: Interfaces/Abstract class naming conventions – On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 11:09 PM, Lukas Köll <phpwutz@...> wrote: > For Zend_Acl_Role I would have thought that Zend_Acl_Role should be t...
Lukas, You're right. There...short and sweet confirmation ;). If we take up Matthew's suggestion the interface would be either a noun or an adjec...
Re: Poll: Interfaces/Abstract class naming conventions – Regarding abstract classes; I'm in favor of #8. Okay, it may make it a little more difficult to think of meaningful names, but once the author has...
Hi all- My 2cents. > When we made the decisions before, we were looking at the following > three options for interfaces: > 2. Suffix i...
Re: Poll: Interfaces/Abstract class naming conventions – On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 7:25 AM, Ralph Schindler <ralph.schindler@...> wrote: > But more importantly, it follows the adjective-noun namin...
agree 2010/3/16 Giorgio Sironi <piccoloprincipeazzurro@...>: > On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 7:25 AM, Ralph Schindler > <ralph.schindler...
Hi, Regarding interfaces I'm in favor of 1. I've found that in theory the "readable English" naming feels better (as in e.g. Countabl...
On 15 Mar 2010, at 19:58, Matthew Weier O'Phinney wrote: > 1. Prefix interfaces with "I" ("IFoobar"). > 2. Suffix int...
Hi! > When we made the decisions before, we were looking at the following > three options for interfaces: > > 1. Prefix interfaces ...
Re: Poll: Interfaces/Abstract class naming conventions – >>  3. Use adjective/noun names such as "Foobarable", "Foobarist" > > I like (3) better, with small note that it d...
Re: Poll: Interfaces/Abstract class naming conventions – Howdy, I think adjective/noun names for interfaces are ideal because they are far more inline with the naming conventions already used in SPL, an...
Re: Poll: Interfaces/Abstract class naming conventions – I agree with Matthew on the rest, except that, as with Court, I prefer Abstract to Base. Longer term albeit, it makes more sense than Base which c...
I too prefer Abstract to Base. I often use Base in my applications for non-abstract super classes which extend the abstract ZF classes. To me Abst...
I agree with Abstract as it ties closely with the naming scheme that many learned in other OO languages. Base tends (in Javascript modules and PH...
Hi Matthew, I strongly agree with the choice of 3, with 2 a distant second. As Court says, the SPL contains Countable, Serializable and many othe...
Re: Poll: Interfaces/Abstract class naming conventions – -- Court Ewing <courtewing@...> wrote (on Monday, 15 March 2010, 04:21 PM -0400): > I think adjective/noun names for interfaces are ideal...
Re: Poll: Interfaces/Abstract class naming conventions – 3) is really a good option if the chosen adjectives are meaningful. The problem is the most valuable names are currently taken up from the concret...
Hi, I'm not keen on adjective or noun names, I can't even fathome names like Elementable or Helpable. It sounds even worse if needing to define ...