Plan for pushing Zend_Http_Client out of the incubator

Plan for pushing Zend_Http_Client out of the incubator

Shahar Evron
Hi,

While this one is mostly for the Zend_Http_Client team, it involves most
of us - all module owners that use the Http_Client (XmlRpc, Service,
Feed...).

I've starting detailing the plan for pushing the Http_Client and it's
satellite classes out of the incubator at
http://framework.zend.com/wiki/display/ZFDEV/Zend_Http_Client

Generally speaking, I would like to list the things that need to be done
(kind of a checklist). Also, I would like to have a detailed list of
unit tests that need to exist and a documentation skeleton, so we can
later easily control our tasks and advancement.

Please feel free to edit and review the page, add your own thoughts and
organize things. If you have free time, you can of course start writing
those unit tests and documentation.

TIA,

Shahar.

Re: Plan for pushing Zend_Http_Client out of the incubator

-- Shahar Evron <[hidden email]> wrote
(on Wednesday, 25 October 2006, 12:39 AM +0200):
> While this one is mostly for the Zend_Http_Client team, it involves most
> of us - all module owners that use the Http_Client (XmlRpc, Service,
> Feed...).

Also Zend_Rest_Client and Zend_Json_Server. :-)

> I've starting detailing the plan for pushing the Http_Client and it's
> satellite classes out of the incubator at
> http://framework.zend.com/wiki/display/ZFDEV/Zend_Http_Client

What is the time frame for this? the 0.2 release? later release? I know
that Davey Shafik's JSON and REST clients/servers rely on
Zend_Http_Client, and these may be moving from the incubator to core
soon; he's indicated that they are not BC with the new version of the
client.

PHP Developer            | [hidden email]
Zend - The PHP Company   | http://www.zend.com/

Re: Plan for pushing Zend_Http_Client out of the incubator

Shahar Evron
Hi Matthew,

As far as I know, the 0.2 release is planned for Oct. 31st. I don't
think it's realistic to finish the work by then - especially considering
the fact that the other components need to adapt.

I've added a list of Zend_Http_Client dependent components to the wiki
page - if you can please review it an see if there's something missing.

TIA,

Shahar.