Pear installation broken

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Pear installation broken

Thomas Weidner
Hy serverteam,

I have severe problems with pear on the community server.

It was not installed, so I had to try this myself.
I was not able to install it on "/usr" due to missing permissions.

Trying to install it into "/home/ACCOUNT". This worked only 1 time.
After I got it working and installed phpunit, pear was broken and did not
run anymore.

Now the the pear.conf file which was written by the configuration within
/etc was not broken.
I was not able to delete it due to missing permissions.
Nor was I able to edit it, to fix the failure.

Within the pear.conf file is only a php failure written instead of the conf
content.
So pear is not running due to missing configuration.

I tried to uninstall it but this was not possible due to missing
permissions.
I tried to install it once again to get it repaired, but this was also not
possible due to missing permissions...

At last phpunit is running after I changed php.ini to allow argc/argv.
But I am not able to install Xdebug due to missing pear.
And phpunit writes that it can not find AllTests.php which is in the same
directory where I called phpunit...

Summary:
I spent several hours since the last 2 weeks and it does not work.
So I am not able to fix the issues which are related to linux.

It would be nice if someone with "permissions" can fix the problems...
otherwise I would have to leave the related issues unfixed until someone can
help me out with this.

For now the sandbox is quite useless to help me fixing the linux related ZF
issues, because the
problems do not show up in cygwin nor in my vmware... but they should show
up in the sandbox.

Greetings
Thomas
I18N Team Leader (non-linux-machine-owner/guru)

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Pear installation broken

Thomas Weidner
Btw:

This is the content of the pear.conf file

**************
X-Powered-By: PHP/5.1.1
Content-type: text/html

<br />
<b>Warning</b>:  file_get_contents(new-pear.conf) [<a
href='function.file-get-contents'>function.file-get-contents</a>]: failed to
open stream: No such file or directory in
<b>/usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/strip.php</b> on line <b>23</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>:  array_key_exists() [<a
href='function.array-key-exists'>function.array-key-exists</a>]: The second
argument should be either an array or an object in
<b>/usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/strip.php</b> on line <b>16</b><br />
b:0;
****************

quite confusing as within the community server PHP 5.2 is installed.

Greetings
Thomas
I18N Team Leader

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Pear installation broken

Thomas Weidner
Just tried it but failed due to pear.conf permission problem.
My account exists since 22.3. I think the crash was some days later.

Passwort will be sent extra.

Greetings
Thomas

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Thomas" <[hidden email]>
To: "Thomas Weidner" <[hidden email]>
Cc: <[hidden email]>
Sent: Sunday, May 06, 2007 4:42 PM
Subject: Re: [fw-server] Pear installation broken


>I just did some updates last night which include installing a proper
> pear rpm so can you give pear another shot for me?
>
> 5.1.1 Was the older version, Did your account "exist" prior to the
> "crash"..  If the above doesn't work backup your files and I will
> recreate your account (email me the password you used)
>
>
>
> On 5/6/07, Thomas Weidner <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Btw:
>>
>> This is the content of the pear.conf file
>>
>> **************
>> X-Powered-By: PHP/5.1.1
>> Content-type: text/html
>>
>> <br />
>> <b>Warning</b>:  file_get_contents(new-pear.conf) [<a
>> href='function.file-get-contents'>function.file-get-contents</a>]: failed
>> to
>> open stream: No such file or directory in
>> <b>/usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/strip.php</b> on line <b>23</b><br />
>> <br />
>> <b>Warning</b>:  array_key_exists() [<a
>> href='function.array-key-exists'>function.array-key-exists</a>]: The
>> second
>> argument should be either an array or an object in
>> <b>/usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/strip.php</b> on line <b>16</b><br />
>> b:0;
>> ****************
>>
>> quite confusing as within the community server PHP 5.2 is installed.
>>
>> Greetings
>> Thomas
>> I18N Team Leader
>>
>>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Pear installation broken

Thomas Weidner
In reply to this post by Thomas Weidner
Sorry to bother you but there are still issues...

pear is running, but I am not able to install any package.

I am not able to update any channel or install phpunit...
The related bug is http://pear.php.net/bugs/bug.php?id=10847

I have not the permission to
"mkdir /tmp/pear/temp"
As described within the fix for this bug.

All I want to have is a Zend_Framework SVN installation with phpunit
installed to test the related linux issues...
Any other one who can help ?

Greetings
Thomas

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Thomas" <[hidden email]>
To: "Thomas Weidner" <[hidden email]>
Cc: <[hidden email]>
Sent: Sunday, May 06, 2007 4:42 PM
Subject: Re: [fw-server] Pear installation broken


>I just did some updates last night which include installing a proper
> pear rpm so can you give pear another shot for me?
>
> 5.1.1 Was the older version, Did your account "exist" prior to the
> "crash"..  If the above doesn't work backup your files and I will
> recreate your account (email me the password you used)
>
>
>
> On 5/6/07, Thomas Weidner <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Btw:
>>
>> This is the content of the pear.conf file
>>
>> **************
>> X-Powered-By: PHP/5.1.1
>> Content-type: text/html
>>
>> <br />
>> <b>Warning</b>:  file_get_contents(new-pear.conf) [<a
>> href='function.file-get-contents'>function.file-get-contents</a>]: failed
>> to
>> open stream: No such file or directory in
>> <b>/usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/strip.php</b> on line <b>23</b><br />
>> <br />
>> <b>Warning</b>:  array_key_exists() [<a
>> href='function.array-key-exists'>function.array-key-exists</a>]: The
>> second
>> argument should be either an array or an object in
>> <b>/usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/strip.php</b> on line <b>16</b><br />
>> b:0;
>> ****************
>>
>> quite confusing as within the community server PHP 5.2 is installed.
>>
>> Greetings
>> Thomas
>> I18N Team Leader
>>
>>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Pear installation broken

Thomas Weidner
Hy,

I hope this one is the last... then all should work...
I am not able to run any unittest.

I can call phpunit. and it returns it's options.
But I am not able to run any tests... with all options I start phpunit, it
always returns "no tests within class xxx found".

Normally I change the path to

"Zend/tests"... and when being in the tests directory I call "phpunit
AllTests.php"...
Is there another way to do this within linux ?
Or is it just another "permission" problem ? ;-)

I hope you can help me.

PS: "Zend/library" is in the include-path of php.ini.

Thanks,
Thomas

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Thomas" <[hidden email]>
To: "Thomas Weidner" <[hidden email]>
Cc: <[hidden email]>
Sent: Monday, May 07, 2007 12:29 AM
Subject: Re: [fw-server] Pear installation broken


> Thats my fault, i tested pear as the server root and it created files
> you didn't have permission for.. I cleared those and was able to
> install Mail
>
> http://pear.php.net/bugs/bug.php?id=10873 Is a pear issue, Fixed that
> my making sure /tmp/pear/temp/channel.xml was created
>
> phpunit tries to install a "binary" file which you don't have
> permission normally, I adjusted that. I also had to add /usr/share/php
> to the path in php.ini
>
> phpunit is now installed
>
> If you need anything else let me know.
>
> On 5/6/07, Thomas Weidner <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Sorry to bother you but there are still issues...
>>
>> pear is running, but I am not able to install any package.
>>
>> I am not able to update any channel or install phpunit...
>> The related bug is http://pear.php.net/bugs/bug.php?id=10847
>>
>> I have not the permission to
>> "mkdir /tmp/pear/temp"
>> As described within the fix for this bug.
>>
>> All I want to have is a Zend_Framework SVN installation with phpunit
>> installed to test the related linux issues...
>> Any other one who can help ?
>>
>> Greetings
>> Thomas
>>
>> ----- Original Message -----
>> From: "Richard Thomas" <[hidden email]>
>> To: "Thomas Weidner" <[hidden email]>
>> Cc: <[hidden email]>
>> Sent: Sunday, May 06, 2007 4:42 PM
>> Subject: Re: [fw-server] Pear installation broken
>>
>>
>> >I just did some updates last night which include installing a proper
>> > pear rpm so can you give pear another shot for me?
>> >
>> > 5.1.1 Was the older version, Did your account "exist" prior to the
>> > "crash"..  If the above doesn't work backup your files and I will
>> > recreate your account (email me the password you used)
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > On 5/6/07, Thomas Weidner <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> >> Btw:
>> >>
>> >> This is the content of the pear.conf file
>> >>
>> >> **************
>> >> X-Powered-By: PHP/5.1.1
>> >> Content-type: text/html
>> >>
>> >> <br />
>> >> <b>Warning</b>:  file_get_contents(new-pear.conf) [<a
>> >> href='function.file-get-contents'>function.file-get-contents</a>]:
>> >> failed
>> >> to
>> >> open stream: No such file or directory in
>> >> <b>/usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/strip.php</b> on line <b>23</b><br />
>> >> <br />
>> >> <b>Warning</b>:  array_key_exists() [<a
>> >> href='function.array-key-exists'>function.array-key-exists</a>]: The
>> >> second
>> >> argument should be either an array or an object in
>> >> <b>/usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/strip.php</b> on line <b>16</b><br />
>> >> b:0;
>> >> ****************
>> >>
>> >> quite confusing as within the community server PHP 5.2 is installed.
>> >>
>> >> Greetings
>> >> Thomas
>> >> I18N Team Leader
>> >>
>> >>
>>
>>