Option arrays underscore or camel-case or both?

Option arrays underscore or camel-case or both?

localheinz
Sorry to ask again - and I guess it has been asked before:

Wasn't there some kind of agreement that components accepting option arrays should accept them with keys in underscore rather than camel-case format? Both?

Best regards,

Andreas

Re: Option arrays underscore or camel-case or both?

localheinz
> Wasn't there some kind of agreement that components accepting option arrays should accept them with keys in underscore rather than camel-case format? Both?

Here's a thread where it was discussed:

http://zend-framework-community.634137.n4.nabble.com/ZF2-API-standards-and-conventions-td4530769.html

Asking because when looking at Zend\Captcha yesterday I realised it still takes camel-cased options and wondered whether it should be updated to accept lower-case, underscore-separated options.

Best regards,

Andreas

Re: Option arrays underscore or camel-case or both?

Marco Pivetta

Looks like it simply was forgotten. Right now it'd be an unnecessary bc break.

On 21 Jun 2013 09:48, "Andreas Möller" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Wasn't there some kind of agreement that components accepting option arrays should accept them with keys in underscore rather than camel-case format? Both?

Here's a thread where it was discussed:

http://zend-framework-community.634137.n4.nabble.com/ZF2-API-standards-and-conventions-td4530769.html

Asking because when looking at Zend\Captcha yesterday I realised it still takes camel-cased options and wondered whether it should be updated to accept lower-case, underscore-separated options.

Best regards,

Andreas

Re: Option arrays underscore or camel-case or both?

bakura
There are a few more inconstancies, notably in Filter and Validator components. I fixed them for ZF 2 but it was too late in the process (after a RC) so it was too late. Be sure those things will be homogenized for ZF 3.

Michaël Gallego

Tel. : 06-98-82-62-38

On 21 Jun 2013 09:48, "Andreas Möller" <<a href="x-msg://389/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=4660411&amp;i=0" target="_top" rel="nofollow" link="external">[hidden email]> wrote:
> Wasn't there some kind of agreement that components accepting option arrays should accept them with keys in underscore rather than camel-case format? Both?

Here's a thread where it was discussed:

http://zend-framework-community.634137.n4.nabble.com/ZF2-API-standards-and-conventions-td4530769.html

Asking because when looking at Zend\Captcha yesterday I realised it still takes camel-cased options and wondered whether it should be updated to accept lower-case, underscore-separated options.

Best regards,

Andreas

http://zend-framework-community.634137.n4.nabble.com/Option-arrays-underscore-or-camel-case-or-both-tp4660409p4660411.html
To start a new topic under ZF Contributor, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from ZF Contributor, click here.
NAML