OpenStack service component

Enrico Zimuel-2
Hi all,

i just wrote this brief RFC to propose a new OpenStack service
component for ZF2:
https://github.com/zendframework/zf2/wiki/RFC---ZendService_OpenStack

The idea is to start from the existing ZendService_Rackspace
(https://github.com/zendframework/ZendService_Rackspace) and
extend/modify it to support the full API of OpenStack
(www.openstack.org).

Which of you is using OpenStack or Rackspace? Comments, ideas?

--
Enrico Zimuel
Senior PHP Engineer     | [hidden email]
Zend Technologies Ltd.
http://www.zend.com

Re: OpenStack service component

mattcockayne
Hi Enrico,

I would recommend avoiding the existing Rackspace component as its a bit out of date with the current API as I found out when I started trying to refactor it for my own needs some months ago for a different project I was working on. Unfortunately the project fell through and the work refactor was never completed. you can see my efforts @ https://github.com/zucchi/ZendServiceRackspace. We were working with the rackspace API in mind (http://docs.rackspace.com/) and not entirely sure if it would be compatible with Openstack.

On 18 February 2013 15:50, Enrico Zimuel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

i just wrote this brief RFC to propose a new OpenStack service
component for ZF2:
https://github.com/zendframework/zf2/wiki/RFC---ZendService_OpenStack

The idea is to start from the existing ZendService_Rackspace
(https://github.com/zendframework/ZendService_Rackspace) and
extend/modify it to support the full API of OpenStack
(www.openstack.org).

Which of you is using OpenStack or Rackspace? Comments, ideas?

--
Enrico Zimuel
Senior PHP Engineer     | [hidden email]
Zend Framework Team     | http://framework.zend.com
Zend Technologies Ltd.
http://www.zend.com

--
Matt Cockayne

Zucchi ! Digital Perfection
Developer in Charge

t: +44 (0) 843 557 1751
m: +44 (0) 773 836 4766
a: 26 Avon Rd / Cheadle / Cheshire / SK8 3LS

Re: OpenStack service component

Enrico Zimuel-2
Hi Matt,

the idea is to reuse the architecture of the existing
ZendService_Rackspace component and updating it to the last version of
the OpenStack API.
The API of Rackspace are quite similar to OpenStack. In the last
months they added new API services on OpenStack that we should
support.
Thanks for sharing your code, I will check the differences that you managed.

Regards,
Enrico Zimuel

--
Enrico Zimuel
Senior PHP Engineer     | [hidden email]
Zend Framework Team     | http://framework.zend.com
Zend Technologies Ltd.
http://www.zend.com

Re: OpenStack service component

Matt Kynx
Hi

A while back I did a cloud files stream wrapper based on the ZF1 Rackspace service:

Prob not much use directly - it needs some hacks to the http client. Fingers crossed in the next month or so I'll finally be in a position to migrate to zf2. If its of interest I'll contribute what I can: my wish list right now is interfaces to load balancers and dns.

Fwiw Rack's openstack implementation seems to have some significant differences to the vanilla version - lots of stuff not supported by the (python) nova client. But i's also a pretty fast moving target, so maybe that's getting better.

Cheers,

Matt

Sent from the thing in my pocket