New tool for rapid ZF2 development: ZF2rapid

New tool for rapid ZF2 development: ZF2rapid

Ralf Eggert
Hi,

in the last couple of months I was working on a new console-based tool
to create new Zend Framework 2 applications. It is based on ZF\Console
and provides a set of commands and tasks to create new projects,
modules, controllers, actions, plugins, view-helpers, forms, validators,
etc.

https://github.com/ZFrapid/zf2rapid

ZF2rapid does not only create these classes, it also creates a
ready-to-use factory and does all the configuration stuff. It can build
some simple routing, generate class and template maps and show
information about modules, controllers, actions etc. of the current
project. It also comes with a specialized Skeleton Application but also
works with any other ZF2 Skeleton Application.

The docs (https://github.com/ZFrapid/zf2rapid/tree/master/docs)  already
consists of

- an installation guide
- a quick-start guide
- a step by step tutorial
- a complete command-guide
- command-line help for for each command

ZF2rapid has a strong focus on ZF2 beginners to help them with their
first steps in the ZF2 world. It helps with the time-consuming stuff of
creating new modules, controllers and other classes, and most
importantly, it helps with the configuration part of a module. I also
plan to add some module inspections and some simple CRUD commands in the
future. Whenever ZF3 is ready, I love to create a version with MVC and
middleware support for the upcoming Zend Framework 3.

What can you do now to support the work on ZF2rapid?

- Please install ZF2rapid and test it thoroughly.

- Place your feedback in the issue tracker by reporting bugs or adding
  feature requests.

- ZF2rapid is currently lacking a lot of unit tests. I started already
  but it is very time-consuming to build all of them. Any help in
  this area is really appreciated.

Looking forward for your comments.

Thanks and best regards,

Ralf

Re: New tool for rapid ZF2 development: ZF2rapid

GianArb
Thanks! Now we can delete ZFTool! :D

--
Gianluca Arbezzano
www.gianarb.it
Gianluca Arbezzano aka GianArb
www.gianarb.it

Re: New tool for rapid ZF2 development: ZF2rapid

Francis Angelino Gonzales Tello
Great,

I'll check it.

Congratulations!

[...]

Saludos Cordiales
Francis Gonzales

Gianluca Arbezzano
www.gianarb.it

Re: New tool for rapid ZF2 development: ZF2rapid

manuakasam-2
I can just vouch for this. I've tested this locally and even though I'm not a big fan of these sort of tools I can't deny it's use-cases to a huge audience to the framework.
Tested on both mac and windows with the most basic features.

Dominic Guhl <[hidden email]> schrieb am Di., 25. Aug. 2015 um 21:52 Uhr:

[...]

Gianluca Arbezzano
www.gianarb.it

Re: New tool for rapid ZF2 development: ZF2rapid

Oscar Fanelli
Good job!

> On 25 Aug 2015, at 21:44, Ralf Eggert <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> in the last couple of months I was working on a new console-based tool
> to create new Zend Framework 2 applications. It is based on ZF\Console
> and provides a set of commands and tasks to create new projects,
> modules, controllers, actions, plugins, view-helpers, forms, validators,
> etc.
>
> https://github.com/ZFrapid/zf2rapid
>
> ZF2rapid does not only create these classes, it also creates a
> ready-to-use factory and does all the configuration stuff. It can build
> some simple routing, generate class and template maps and show
> information about modules, controllers, actions etc. of the current
> project. It also comes with a specialized Skeleton Application but also
> works with any other ZF2 Skeleton Application.
>
> The docs (https://github.com/ZFrapid/zf2rapid/tree/master/docs)  already
> consists of
>
> - an installation guide
> - a quick-start guide
> - a step by step tutorial
> - a complete command-guide
> - command-line help for for each command
>
> ZF2rapid has a strong focus on ZF2 beginners to help them with their
> first steps in the ZF2 world. It helps with the time-consuming stuff of
> creating new modules, controllers and other classes, and most
> importantly, it helps with the configuration part of a module. I also
> plan to add some module inspections and some simple CRUD commands in the
> future. Whenever ZF3 is ready, I love to create a version with MVC and
> middleware support for the upcoming Zend Framework 3.
>
> What can you do now to support the work on ZF2rapid?
>
> - Please install ZF2rapid and test it thoroughly.
>
> - Place your feedback in the issue tracker by reporting bugs or adding
>  feature requests.
>
> - ZF2rapid is currently lacking a lot of unit tests. I started already
>  but it is very time-consuming to build all of them. Any help in
>  this area is really appreciated.
>
> Looking forward for your comments.
>
> Thanks and best regards,
>
> Ralf

Re: New tool for rapid ZF2 development: ZF2rapid

Armin Hopp

thanks for this. And thumbs up for the CRUD in the roadmap. I hope it
will entail entity generation like zdmg did for ZF1.

Automatic code generation is something that is really missing in ZF2.

Armin

Am 25.08.2015 um 21:44 schrieb Ralf Eggert:

> Hi,
>
> in the last couple of months I was working on a new console-based tool
> to create new Zend Framework 2 applications. It is based on ZF\Console
> and provides a set of commands and tasks to create new projects,
> modules, controllers, actions, plugins, view-helpers, forms, validators,
> etc.
>
> https://github.com/ZFrapid/zf2rapid
>
> ZF2rapid does not only create these classes, it also creates a
> ready-to-use factory and does all the configuration stuff. It can build
> some simple routing, generate class and template maps and show
> information about modules, controllers, actions etc. of the current
> project. It also comes with a specialized Skeleton Application but also
> works with any other ZF2 Skeleton Application.
>
> The docs (https://github.com/ZFrapid/zf2rapid/tree/master/docs)  already
> consists of
>
> - an installation guide
> - a quick-start guide
> - a step by step tutorial
> - a complete command-guide
> - command-line help for for each command
>
> ZF2rapid has a strong focus on ZF2 beginners to help them with their
> first steps in the ZF2 world. It helps with the time-consuming stuff of
> creating new modules, controllers and other classes, and most
> importantly, it helps with the configuration part of a module. I also
> plan to add some module inspections and some simple CRUD commands in the
> future. Whenever ZF3 is ready, I love to create a version with MVC and
> middleware support for the upcoming Zend Framework 3.
>
> What can you do now to support the work on ZF2rapid?
>
> - Please install ZF2rapid and test it thoroughly.
>
> - Place your feedback in the issue tracker by reporting bugs or adding
>    feature requests.
>
> - ZF2rapid is currently lacking a lot of unit tests. I started already
>    but it is very time-consuming to build all of them. Any help in
>    this area is really appreciated.
>
> Looking forward for your comments.
>
> Thanks and best regards,
>
> Ralf

Re: New tool for rapid ZF2 development: ZF2rapid

Armin Hopp

Just tried it out.
The prerequirement of php-intl is not mentioned. Might be a good
addition to the intall guide.
Sorry for not directly opening a pull request for this change.

Armin

Am 25.08.2015 um 21:44 schrieb Ralf Eggert:

> Hi,
>
> in the last couple of months I was working on a new console-based tool
> to create new Zend Framework 2 applications. It is based on ZF\Console
> and provides a set of commands and tasks to create new projects,
> modules, controllers, actions, plugins, view-helpers, forms, validators,
> etc.
>
> https://github.com/ZFrapid/zf2rapid
>
> ZF2rapid does not only create these classes, it also creates a
> ready-to-use factory and does all the configuration stuff. It can build
> some simple routing, generate class and template maps and show
> information about modules, controllers, actions etc. of the current
> project. It also comes with a specialized Skeleton Application but also
> works with any other ZF2 Skeleton Application.
>
> The docs (https://github.com/ZFrapid/zf2rapid/tree/master/docs)  already
> consists of
>
> - an installation guide
> - a quick-start guide
> - a step by step tutorial
> - a complete command-guide
> - command-line help for for each command
>
> ZF2rapid has a strong focus on ZF2 beginners to help them with their
> first steps in the ZF2 world. It helps with the time-consuming stuff of
> creating new modules, controllers and other classes, and most
> importantly, it helps with the configuration part of a module. I also
> plan to add some module inspections and some simple CRUD commands in the
> future. Whenever ZF3 is ready, I love to create a version with MVC and
> middleware support for the upcoming Zend Framework 3.
>
> What can you do now to support the work on ZF2rapid?
>
> - Please install ZF2rapid and test it thoroughly.
>
> - Place your feedback in the issue tracker by reporting bugs or adding
>    feature requests.
>
> - ZF2rapid is currently lacking a lot of unit tests. I started already
>    but it is very time-consuming to build all of them. Any help in
>    this area is really appreciated.
>
> Looking forward for your comments.
>
> Thanks and best regards,
>
> Ralf

Re: New tool for rapid ZF2 development: ZF2rapid

Raphael de Almeida
Ralf,

I like cli tools, it help daily job. I worked on old ZFTool.

I'll support the zf2rapid on test coverage.

Re: New tool for rapid ZF2 development: ZF2rapid

Ralf Eggert
Hi again,

thanks for the positive feedback so far. I reworked the installation
guide and also added the ext/intl requirement. Some issues and pull
requests have been added and I already worked on them as well. But I
still would appreciate any help on the unit tests to get ZF2rapid more
stable.

Since I was asked several times, why I created a new project and didn't
help to improve ZFTool, some comments about it. I actually sent some PRs
for ZFTool almost 2 years ago. Some of them have not been accepted
since. ZFTool is based on ZF2 modules and uses the full-flavored MVC. I
think it is almost impossible to improve ZFTool without creating a new
project. These were the main reasons to create a new project based on
ZF\Console.

Thanks and best regards,

Ralf

Re: New tool for rapid ZF2 development: ZF2rapid

Ralf Eggert
Hi again,

just a quick update on ZF2rapid.

https://github.com/ZFrapid/zf2rapid

I added some CRUD commands to ZF2rapid. These CRUD commands take a
database structure and build a model and an application in top of it. I
currently tested it only with MySQL and some basic foreign key
constraints. Please refer to the tutorial parts 6 and 7 for the full
infos about these features:

https://github.com/ZFrapid/zf2rapid/blob/master/docs/tutorial-crud-create-model.md

https://github.com/ZFrapid/zf2rapid/blob/master/docs/tutorial-crud-create-application.md

Any comments are welcome.