New ZF website: documentation view is not good

New ZF website: documentation view is not good

ThaDafinser
Hello together,

i often use lately the online documentation for 1.12 and 2.0,
but for me the new online documentation has partly a bad formating.

The navigation width on the left is so small that there are often multiple rows for one link.
The padding of sub links is also marginal so that you can't see that it's under another link.

Also the width of the content is very small, so you have to scroll very much.

I just liked the old one...

Does is seems only for me, or anyone else?

Best regards
Martin Keckeis

Re: New ZF website: documentation view is not good

ThaDafinser
Hello,

i forgot to mention a good example:

Best regards
Martin Keckeis

2012/9/20 Martin Keckeis <[hidden email]>
Hello together,

i often use lately the online documentation for 1.12 and 2.0,
but for me the new online documentation has partly a bad formating.

The navigation width on the left is so small that there are often multiple rows for one link.
The padding of sub links is also marginal so that you can't see that it's under another link.

Also the width of the content is very small, so you have to scroll very much.

I just liked the old one...

Does is seems only for me, or anyone else?

Best regards
Martin Keckeis

AW: [zf-contributors] Re: New ZF website: documentation view is not good

Marc Tempelmeier

I don´t like it either, it is all a big blob, also the pages are to long.

:)

Re: New ZF website: documentation view is not good

Tomáš Fejfar
You're right. The menu can be at the top, allowing the bottom to be much wider, actually it can be little wider nevertheless (or responsive). At least the font may be smaller (say 12px) - you can alwys make it bigger in your browser if you want...

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 2:24 PM, Marc Tempelmeier <[hidden email]> wrote:

I don´t like it either, it is all a big blob, also the pages are to long.

:)

Re: New ZF website: documentation view is not good

BullfrogBlues
<my2cents>

I don't like it either. It hurts my eyes. You might as well be using comic sans for the new text headings.

There's much I don't like, the colour, the layout, the size (it should be fluid and responsive, most of us will have large monitors and use mobile gadgets).

I see zf-web has been updated to zf2, nice, looks a simpler than before, the last time I looked it was monolithic. https://github.com/zendframework/zf-web

--
Gerard

Re: New ZF website: documentation view is not good

SocalNick
+1 - A co-worker and I were just talking about how much we liked the old documentation yesterday!

Nicholas Calugar
http://socalnick.github.com

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 8:33 AM, Gerry - <[hidden email]> wrote:
<my2cents>

I don't like it either. It hurts my eyes. You might as well be using comic sans for the new text headings.

There's much I don't like, the colour, the layout, the size (it should be fluid and responsive, most of us will have large monitors and use mobile gadgets).

I see zf-web has been updated to zf2, nice, looks a simpler than before, the last time I looked it was monolithic. https://github.com/zendframework/zf-web

--
Gerard

Re: New ZF website: documentation view is not good

Having some issues with getting list email, so I'm just seeing this now.

One note: the ZF website is on github: https://github.com/zendframework/zf-web

If you want to assist in making the site more usable, please feel free to open a pull request with CSS suggestions.

Re: New ZF website: documentation view is not good

EvanDotPro

I'd just like to remind everyone that the new site is open source on
GitHub: https://github.com/zendframework/zf-web

If you have ideas to improve the site, please submit a pull request.

Thanks,

---
Evan Coury, ZCE
http://blog.evan.pro/