Quantcast

New Module Purpose

blaz boy
Dear All,

me and a friend want to make a project for fun and we made up our mind
to create an algorithms library with PHP and also we want to make it
as part of zend framework,

so the questions are :
  1. What are the coding restrictions and style to meet ZF requirements
  2. How to Merge it to ZF and is there any additional requirements to merge it?

Thank you.
----
Emad Elsaid  a.k.a. (Blaze Boy)
Websites Designer/Developer
Mobile: +20 114 13 7 16 75
Skybe: blazeeboy

Re: New Module Purpose

Wil Moore III
My recommendation would be to make it testable, PSR-0 compliant, and list it at http://packagist.org/. Then, set out to build a ZF adapter if you so choose; however, not necessarily a requirement.
--
Wil Moore III

Best Practices for Working with Open-Source Developers
http://www.faqs.org/docs/artu/ch19s02.html

Why is Bottom-posting better than Top-posting:
http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

DO NOT TOP-POST and DO trim your replies:
http://linux.sgms-centre.com/misc/netiquette.php#toppost

Re: New Module Purpose

-- blaz boy <[hidden email]> wrote
(on Wednesday, 25 April 2012, 10:31 PM +0200):

    http://framework.zend.com/wiki/display/ZFDEV2/Coding+Standards

>  2. How to Merge it to ZF and is there any additional requirements to merge it?

You should propose an RFC to get feedback, as well as review to
determine if it's a fit for the framework (we vote on RFCs, generally
during the weekly IRC meetings). You can see some sample RFCs here:

    http://framework.zend.com/wiki/display/ZFDEV2/RFC%27s

Re: New Module Purpose

Tomáš Fejfar
-- blaz boy <[hidden email]> wrote
(on Wednesday, 25 April 2012, 10:31 PM +0200):
> me and a friend want to make a project for fun and we made up our mind
> to create an algorithms library with PHP and also we want to make it
> as part of zend framework,
It depends on what your "module" is. If it is something reusable like PayPal integration - it's ideal to make it a Module (something like others listed on http://modules.zendframework.com/).

If it's something that belongs to the framework follow Matthew's answer.