MySQL versioning, REFERENTIAL_CONSTRAINTS

MySQL versioning, REFERENTIAL_CONSTRAINTS

demiankatz

Hello,

I just ran into a problem where my ZF2 application dies with a fatal error when connected to MySQL 5.0.7 due to the MysqlMetadata class having a dependency on the REFERENTIAL_CONSTRAINTS table which was added in MySQL 5.1.10.  Just curious if there was a conscious decision to require MySQL 5.1 or if this should be gracefully degrading.  In any case, it’s not a major problem – just thought I would mention it in case the information was useful to anyone.

- Demian

Re: MySQL versioning, REFERENTIAL_CONSTRAINTS

bakura

I suppose this is because you're using MyISAM engine (this was the default engine before, now it is InnoDB). and MyISAM does not support foreign keys.

Michaël Gallego

Tel. : 06-98-82-62-38

Le 20 juin 2013 à 17:33, demiankatz [via Zend Framework Community] <[hidden email]> a écrit :

Hello,

I just ran into a problem where my ZF2 application dies with a fatal error when connected to MySQL 5.0.7 due to the MysqlMetadata class having a dependency on the REFERENTIAL_CONSTRAINTS table which was added in MySQL 5.1.10.  Just curious if there was a conscious decision to require MySQL 5.1 or if this should be gracefully degrading.  In any case, it’s not a major problem – just thought I would mention it in case the information was useful to anyone.

- Demian

http://zend-framework-community.634137.n4.nabble.com/MySQL-versioning-REFERENTIAL-CONSTRAINTS-tp4660401.html
To start a new topic under ZF Contributor, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from ZF Contributor, click here.
NAML

Re: MySQL versioning, REFERENTIAL_CONSTRAINTS

Mike Willbanks
I'm not certain if there was a specific decision on picking a particular MySQL version.  However, 5.0 was at EOL back in 2009 and is past the 3 year extended support.  I do not think that supporting such an old version of a database is a good thing especially considering the vast amount of improvements in MySQL in particular.