Module installation checker

ThaDafinser

Hello together,

through building the datagrid module, i came up with the idea: module installation checker....

In many CMS/blog systems there is already such a feature.

But before i write my own, i thought we could share some ideas together that maybe it could become a general feature for all modules?

Ideas:
- integrate it to Module.php (new featureInterface,  so a check could be done for all installed modules)
- check requirements based on composer (show not installed suggested as well and what feature is therefor not available)
- show a "check" display side if the route is the modulename or automatically over the featureInterface in Module.php
- check JS dependencies
- check needed folders and permission
- ...

Somebody maybe already wrote such a feature?

Best regards
ThaDafinser

Re: Module installation checker

Artur Bodera

On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 10:33 AM, Martin Keckeis <[hidden email]> wrote:

Somebody maybe already wrote such a feature?

Please implement those checks as ZendDiagnostics\Check\CheckInterface.

After you've done it, we can then put those zf2 specific checks into ZFTool (which relies on ZendDiagnostics) so people can add appropriate checks' configuration to their custom modules via module.config.php.

Now a user can run all tests:
$ zf diag

We could also try to group installation-related tests and construct a dedicated test runner for that + some type of trigger after one installs a module, however that sounds too "magical" to me. Running "diag" seems like the most lean way of handling your user story.

ps: there's a slight refactor going on in ZFTool, hold it off for a couple of days ;-)

Re: Module installation checker

ThaDafinser

Heya,

i think thats what i was searching for :-)

Would be great to get this into the ZF2 "eco system" for many modules :-)

Will try this after holidays.

Thanks!