Manual

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Manual

Thomas Weidner
Hy folks...
 
I would like to help translating the manual to german.
 
As i've seen a few pages are already done, but most of the work is waiting for the right guy.
 
Who is the right one for me, to speak with from the docu-team ?
 
 
Is there already a proposal or lib in production for I18N ??
 
Looking through the code and incubator I've found nothing related...
 
regards
Tom
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Manual

Steven Van Poeck
Hello Thomas,

Please have a look at
http://framework.zend.com/developer/browser/trunk/documentation/manual/README.txt

Then, sign up on the documentation mailing list
([hidden email]).

I believe Ralf Eggert is the German translation team lead
([hidden email])

Best regards,
Steven Van Poeck
http://poekie.free.fr

Quoting Thomas Weidner <[hidden email]>:

> Hy folks...
>
> I would like to help translating the manual to german.
>
> As i've seen a few pages are already done, but most of the work is
> waiting for the right guy.
>
> Who is the right one for me, to speak with from the docu-team ?
>
>
> Is there already a proposal or lib in production for I18N ??
>
> Looking through the code and incubator I've found nothing related...
>
> regards
> Tom


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Manual

Steven Van Poeck
In reply to this post by Thomas Weidner
Thomas,

The documentation mailing list is at [hidden email], not
[hidden email].

But you best sign up to the latter also to keep in pace with modifications.

Best regards,
Steven

Quoting Thomas Weidner <[hidden email]>:

> Hy folks...
>
> I would like to help translating the manual to german.
>
> As i've seen a few pages are already done, but most of the work is
> waiting for the right guy.
>
> Who is the right one for me, to speak with from the docu-team ?
>
>
> Is there already a proposal or lib in production for I18N ??
>
> Looking through the code and incubator I've found nothing related...
>
> regards
> Tom


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Manual

Ralf Eggert
In reply to this post by Thomas Weidner
Hi Thomas,

I think you were asking for me, since I am the team leader of the German
translation team. ;-)

At first, here is a short summary of what you need to do to start
translating.

- There is a separate mailing list for the documentation team which you
  should subscribe to: [hidden email]

- Then you need to sign the CLA and send it to Jayson ([hidden email]):
  http://framework.zend.com/framework_cla_1.0.pdf

- Jayson will setup your SVN account and give you further instructions
  (Jayson, please correct me, if I'm wrong, since you just took over
   from Mike lately)

That is simply it. Further questions can be discussed in the
[hidden email] list.

Regarding the actual status of the German translation of the manual, the
last update on the website is from the 10th of April. At the moment
everything is translated into German except these chapters:

- Zend_Db      (full chapter)
- Zend_Search  (only chapter Interoperating with Java Lucene is missing)
- Zend_Service (full chapter)

Also all chapters which have already been translated need to be reviewed
by someone, because there might be some mistakes or very bad
translations ;-).

I think the best way is, when you sign up to the documentation mailing
list for further discussions and get in contact with me to coordinate
the work.

Best Regards,

Ralf

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Manual

Thomas Weidner
In reply to this post by Steven Van Poeck
Hy folks,

> I believe Ralf Eggert is the German translation team lead
> ([hidden email])

Thnx Steven for your super-quick reply

>> Is there already a proposal or lib in production for I18N ??
>> Looking through the code and incubator I've found nothing related...

And what's about an I18N Module for the framework ?
Any Ideas in production, or has nothing been done until now ??

Greets
Thomas
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Manual

André Hoffmann
I think i've seen a proposal for Zend_Location in this mailing list, but i don't know if got accepted by Zend.

On 5/24/06, Thomas Weidner <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hy folks,

> I believe Ralf Eggert is the German translation team lead
> ([hidden email])

Thnx Steven for your super-quick reply

>> Is there already a proposal or lib in production for I18N ??
>> Looking through the code and incubator I've found nothing related...

And what's about an I18N Module for the framework ?
Any Ideas in production, or has nothing been done until now ??

Greets
Thomas



--
best regards,
André Hoffmann
Germany
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Re: Manual

Johannes Orth
In reply to this post by Thomas Weidner
Hi,

i18n has already raised a discussion, so feel free to add your thoughts, as a starter: http://devzone.zend.com/node/view/id/447, summary: http://www.zend.com/lists/fw-general/200605/msg00814.html), interesting resources: http://www.zend.com/lists/fw-general/200605/msg00292.html

Johannes Orth
Bonn, Germany
Blog: http://www.johannesorth.de/kathry/
--


Bis zu 70% Ihrer Onlinekosten sparen: GMX SmartSurfer!
      Kostenlos downloaden: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/smartsurfer