Mailing List Summaries

padraicb
Hi all,

A while back some of us discussed on IRC (where I am AWOL for a few more days)
the possibility of writing up summaries of what is going on in the mailing list
on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. Since I volunteered for this assignment (clearly
I was either inebriated or not entirely sane at the time ;)), I've kickstarted
this over on
http://blog.astrumfutura.com/2011/06/zend-framework-contributors-mailing-list-summary-edition-1-june-2011/.

Let me know how well it's going. Suggestions on making the summaries better,
shorter, or more informative are welcome. Suggestions to make them longer will
earn you a visit from a couple of Leprechauns who'll either convince you
otherwise or stuff you down the nearest toilet. Allowance will be made where
length would be truly better (your risky call to make!).

Paddy

 Pádraic Brady

http://blog.astrumfutura.com
http://www.survivethedeepend.com
Zend Framework Community Review Team

Re: Mailing List Summaries

-- Pádraic Brady <[hidden email]> wrote
(on Monday, 27 June 2011, 12:19 PM -0700):
> A while back some of us discussed on IRC (where I am AWOL for a few more days)
> the possibility of writing up summaries of what is going on in the mailing list
> on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. Since I volunteered for this assignment (clearly
> I was either inebriated or not entirely sane at the time ;)), I've kickstarted
> this over on
> http://blog.astrumfutura.com/2011/06/zend-framework-contributors-mailing-list-summary-edition-1-june-2011/.

AWESOME!!!

Thanks for taking this on -- if ever it becomes a burden, send an email
to the list, and we'll see if we can find someone else to take it on.
Additionally, I'll see if we might get some sort of location for this on
the ZF site so that folks can find the information in one place (should
we ever need to pass the authorship torch forward).

BTW, Ralph and I were visiting Microsoft for SQL Server JumpIn Camp last
week, and will have some fun stuff to post about our time there soon.
The advance tl;dr: we were able to mostly finalize the Zend\Db
architecture using ext/sqlsrv and PDO_SQLSRV as proofs of concept, and
the end result will be less integration testing and simpler query
abstraction.

List: [hidden email]

Re: Mailing List Summaries

Tomáš Fejfar
Great ! :) I just added the interesting point about view variables
autoescaping to the comments... :)

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 9:19 PM, Pádraic Brady <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> A while back some of us discussed on IRC (where I am AWOL for a few more
> days)
> the possibility of writing up summaries of what is going on in the mailing
> list
> on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. Since I volunteered for this assignment
> (clearly
> I was either inebriated or not entirely sane at the time ;)), I've
> kickstarted
> this over on

> .
>

> Let me know how well it's going. Suggestions on making the summaries
> better,
> shorter, or more informative are welcome. Suggestions to make them longer
> will
> earn you a visit from a couple of Leprechauns who'll either convince you
> otherwise or stuff you down the nearest toilet. Allowance will be made
> where
> length would be truly better (your risky call to make!).
>
> Paddy
>
>  Pádraic Brady
>
> http://blog.astrumfutura.com
> http://www.survivethedeepend.com
> Zend Framework Community Review Team

Re: Mailing List Summaries

Kevin McArthur-2
Thanks for doing this Padraic, its really helpful.

--
List: [hidden email]