Looking for jsonrpc client

Don Dwiggins-2
I have an application in which a Zend Framework client communicates with
a server via XMLRPC, using the ZF xmlrpc client.  I want to convert to
using JSON.  Does anyone know of a JSONRPC client, either within ZF or
just a PHP implementation?  (The ZF library includes a server, but not a
client.)

TIA,

--

Don Dwiggins
Advanced Publishing Technology

Re: Looking for jsonrpc client

-- Don Dwiggins <[hidden email]> wrote
(on Monday, 01 November 2010, 11:38 AM -0700):
> I have an application in which a Zend Framework client communicates
> with a server via XMLRPC, using the ZF xmlrpc client.  I want to
> convert to using JSON.  Does anyone know of a JSONRPC client, either
> within ZF or just a PHP implementation?  (The ZF library includes a
> server, but not a client.)

I'm not aware of one at this time; I do have a JSON-RPC client on my
todo list for ZF2... but that likely won't be soon enough for you. :-(

On 11/1/2010 10:27 PM, Matthew Weier O'Phinney wrote:
> -- Don Dwiggins<[hidden email]>  wrote
> (on Monday, 01 November 2010, 11:38 AM -0700):
>> I have an application in which a Zend Framework client communicates
>> with a server via XMLRPC, using the ZF xmlrpc client.  I want to
>> convert to using JSON.  Does anyone know of a JSONRPC client, either
>> within ZF or just a PHP implementation?  (The ZF library includes a
>> server, but not a client.)
> I'm not aware of one at this time; I do have a JSON-RPC client on my
> todo list for ZF2... but that likely won't be soon enough for you. :-(

My colleague found one:
http://project.voidwalkers.nl/repositories/annotate/fizzy/library/Fizzy/Json/Client.php?rev=695f4c7ae094545d17d4486aeac124fab3c3e4f5.
I haven't had a chance to look at it, but it worked well enough for her
to get some timings (jsonrpc turned out to be about two orders of
magnitude faster than xmlrpc).  Maybe it'll be of some use to you...