Like to help to speed up ZF3 development

Like to help to speed up ZF3 development

Ralf Eggert
Hi,

today I tried to get an overview of the current status of ZF3
development. Most of the stuff I read sounds really great and I am
really looking forward to have the ZF climb another level.
Unfortunately, I noticed that most issues have become quite and quiter
in the last months.

https://github.com/zendframework/zf2/issues?milestone=9&sort=updated

Since the ZF3 repo is still empty I was looking for some prototypes of
improved ZF3 features but only found three of them. If anyone has some
more repos to share with ZF3 prototypes please let me know!

https://github.com/DASPRiD/Dash
https://github.com/zf-fr/hydrator
https://github.com/zf-fr/rbac

But the main reason for my message is a different one, though. I would
really like to know what can I and others - interested in the "Next
generation" ZF - do to speed up the ZF3 development again?

So I am not asking what the ZF3 can do for me, I want to ask what I can
do for the ZF3 right now or in the near future?

Thanks and best regards,

Ralf

Re: Like to help to speed up ZF3 development

Gregory
Months ago I started refactoring the core aspects of ZF2, events,
service manager, and incorporated the core part of Dasprid's DASH
routing component

The intention here is to strip everything down to SRP, and coming up
with a 100% DI configuration really changes the perspective on how the
code is written and there should be some nice benefits in testing.

See the <a href="https://github.com/devosc/ZendSkeletonApplication/blob/master/config/service.php">service
configuration file</a> for the DI.

I think the prototype is stable enough to use; but in the very least
demonstrates some ideas and is also my use case. There is still more
things to do and help out with.

Re: Like to help to speed up ZF3 development

Ralf Eggert
Hi Greg,

Greg schrieb am 14.07.2014 22:59:
> Months ago I started refactoring the core aspects of ZF2, events,
> service manager, and incorporated the core part of Dasprid's DASH
> routing component

Thanks for that repository. I will have a closer look at it later on.

Thanks and best regards,

Ralf

Re: Like to help to speed up ZF3 development

Gregory
It's about 50% faster, so there is plenty of scope to put back any
missing features and probably still come out ahead. Thanks.

Greg

Re: Like to help to speed up ZF3 development

bakura
Hi Ralph,

I will post a message this week (hopefully tonight or tomorrow) about ZF3, some of the advances we've made and the problems we have. Hopefully we can push the whole community to a consensus around ZF3.