Lets get our docs sorted!

Bittarman
Hi all,

As I'm sure you'll agree, we need to get something done with our docs, and as such, following the previous success of the bughunts we used to hold, I'm proposing that we hold a bug hunt weekend, for our docs.

I will be making myself available to merge your PR's, and on IRC to take part in any discussions about how we can get the docs improved over the weekend of the 16th and 17th of March. If you have any ideas you'd like to share to get the ball rolling on what we can do to get things improved, please fire them in here and I'll get compiling a wishlist of things for people to work on over that weekend.

There is also potential swag for those taking part! (to be confirmed)

I look forward to hearing from all of you with your ideas very soon!

Kind Regards

Ryan Mauger

Re: Lets get our docs sorted!

robertbasic
Hiya!

I for one, welcome this initiative! I will mark that weekend in my
calendar and make myself available for any work that needs to be done.

I was thinking these past few weeks about taking the User Guide and
adding a new Advanced User Guide on top of that, which would include
even more "common" CRUD stuff, things like Auth&Acl, Pagination, Feed,
Escaper, Navigation... To try and show as many components as possible.
Thoughts?

Also, if any one has questions on *how* to work on the docs, feel free to ask.

Oh, and the most important part: tell us what you think is wrong with
the docs? What's missing, what needs to be improved, what should be
removed... Anything that comes to mind, really. Just keep it helpful
:)

Ryan, wouldn't it be helpful to have this same thread x-posted to zf-general?

~Robert Basic;
http://robertbasic.com/

Re: Lets get our docs sorted!

Bart McLeod
Just my 2cts. We should add an example of a custom controller plugin and it's configuration. It so happends I wrote a very simple example today. I'd be happy to contribute that.

-Bart

Op 26 feb. 2013, om 22:41 heeft Ryan Mauger <[hidden email]> het volgende geschreven:

> Hi all,
>
> As I'm sure you'll agree, we need to get something done with our docs, and as such, following the previous success of the bughunts we used to hold, I'm proposing that we hold a bug hunt weekend, for our docs.
>
> I will be making myself available to merge your PR's, and on IRC to take part in any discussions about how we can get the docs improved over the weekend of the 16th and 17th of March. If you have any ideas you'd like to share to get the ball rolling on what we can do to get things improved, please fire them in here and I'll get compiling a wishlist of things for people to work on over that weekend.
>
> There is also potential swag for those taking part! (to be confirmed)
>
> I look forward to hearing from all of you with your ideas very soon!
>
> Kind Regards
>
> Ryan Mauger

Re: Lets get our docs sorted!

Spabby
I've already made a start; I think the very best thing we can do is to extend the skeleton app to include common tasks needed in many applications. I have a PR outstanding for adding Zend\Navigation to the skeleton app, and I'm starting on adding Zend\Pagination. I have volunteered Marco (ocramius) to add a tutorial on securing the add/edit/delete functions with ByjAuthorise. I will be around all weekend if more people want to help.

Gary Spabby

Re: Lets get our docs sorted!

graphicmist
cool Spabby... you rock!!!

On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 7:48 PM, Spabby [via Zend Framework Community] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I've already made a start; I think the very best thing we can do is to extend the skeleton app to include common tasks needed in many applications. I have a PR outstanding for adding Zend\Navigation to the skeleton app, and I'm starting on adding Zend\Pagination. I have volunteered Marco (ocramius) to add a tutorial on securing the add/edit/delete functions with ByjAuthorise. I will be around all weekend if more people want to help.

Gary Spabby

http://zend-framework-community.634137.n4.nabble.com/Lets-get-our-docs-sorted-tp4659337p4659448.html
To start a new topic under ZF Contributor, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Zend Framework Community, click here.
NAML

--
"I have a dream and its green"