JSON View Model

stien

We are currently trying to set up routes in such a way that the returned content-type can be set using a route parameter. The routing is all working properly now, but there is one problem. If one requests html, then the normal view script is rendered. The data we provide to this script can be anything from a string to a collection of objects, and the view script decides what to show to the user.

If however JSON response is requested, then we just provide the data returned from our controller as JSON. However, some data should not be made publicly available to the user, and hence some filtering is required. Is there any possibility to use JSON view scripts (as in ZF1 with context-switch) in order to support such filtering? Or maybe another method?