Is CLDR gone?

umpirsky
I updated to latest zf2 master and I noticed Locale is moved to I18n. More
important, there is no CLDR!

What is happening? How can I fetch locale data (languages/territories) now?
---
Regards,
Saša Stamenković

Re: Is CLDR gone?

robertbasic
This? https://github.com/zendframework/zf2/tree/master/resources/languages

--
~Robert Basic;
http://robertbasic.com/

--
List: [hidden email]

Re: Is CLDR gone?

umpirsky
Nope, there use to be Zend\Locale\Data\Cldr, but now entire Zend\Locale
namespace is gone.
---
Regards,
Saša Stamenković

On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 3:21 PM, Robert Basic <[hidden email]>wrote:

> This? https://github.com/zendframework/zf2/tree/master/resources/languages
>
> On 1 August 2012 15:19, Саша Стаменковић <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I updated to latest zf2 master and I noticed Locale is moved to I18n.
> More
> > important, there is no CLDR!
> >
> > What is happening? How can I fetch locale data (languages/territories)
> now?
> > ---
> > Regards,
> > Saša Stamenković
>

> --
> ~Robert Basic;
> http://robertbasic.com/

Re: Is CLDR gone?

Frank Brückner
Am 01.08.2012, 15:24 Uhr, schrieb Саша Стаменковић <[hidden email]>:

> Nope, there use to be Zend\Locale\Data\Cldr, but now entire Zend\Locale
> namespace is gone.
> ---
> Regards,
> Saša Stamenković

use Locale;

http://de.php.net/manual/de/class.locale.php

--
List: [hidden email]

Re: Is CLDR gone?

Frank Brückner
Am 01.08.2012, 15:24 Uhr, schrieb Саша Стаменковић <[hidden email]>:

> Nope, there use to be Zend\Locale\Data\Cldr, but now entire Zend\Locale
> namespace is gone.
> ---
> Regards,
> Saša Stamenković

Plain PHP:

use Locale;
Locale::getDefault();

http://de.php.net/manual/de/class.locale.php

--
List: [hidden email]

Re: Is CLDR gone?

umpirsky
BTW, there is some problem with mailing list, I'm not getting all responses
via email, for example Frank
Brückner<http://zend-framework-community.634137.n4.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=user_nodes&user=265650>response
from
http://zend-framework-community.634137.n4.nabble.com/Is-CLDR-gone-td4656028.htmldidn't
reach my inbox.

He suggested to use \Locale http://de.php.net/manual/de/class.locale.php.

But I need list of all languages and all territories?

On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 3:24 PM, Саша Стаменковић <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Nope, there use to be Zend\Locale\Data\Cldr, but now entire Zend\Locale
> namespace is gone.
> ---
> Regards,
> Saša Stamenković
>

> On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 3:21 PM, Robert Basic <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> This?
>> https://github.com/zendframework/zf2/tree/master/resources/languages
>>
>> On 1 August 2012 15:19, Саша Стаменковић <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > I updated to latest zf2 master and I noticed Locale is moved to I18n.
>> More
>> > important, there is no CLDR!
>> >
>> > What is happening? How can I fetch locale data (languages/territories)
>> now?
>> > ---
>> > Regards,
>> > Saša Stamenković
>>

>> --
>> ~Robert Basic;
>> http://robertbasic.com/

Re: Is CLDR gone?

HHGAG
You can download them yourself: http://unicode.org/cldr/trac/browser/tags/release-21-0-2/common
Hasan H. Gürsoy (HHGAG)

Re: Is CLDR gone?

-- Саша Стаменковић <[hidden email]> wrote
(on Wednesday, 01 August 2012, 03:19 PM +0200):
> I updated to latest zf2 master and I noticed Locale is moved to I18n. More
> important, there is no CLDR!
>
> What is happening? How can I fetch locale data (languages/territories) now?

We removed the ZF1 i18n/l10n layer as of beta5, and are now leveraging
PHP's built-in ext/intl functionality. As such, use PHP's native Locale
class, and the various other ext/intl classes.

List: [hidden email]

Re: Is CLDR gone?

umpirsky
My workaround was to downgrade to zf1 which is still capable to do the job
:P
---
Regards,
Saša Stamenković

On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 3:46 PM, Саша Стаменковић <[hidden email]> wrote:

> BTW, there is some problem with mailing list, I'm not getting all
> responses via email, for example Frank Brückner<http://zend-framework-community.634137.n4.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=user_nodes&user=265650>response from
> http://zend-framework-community.634137.n4.nabble.com/Is-CLDR-gone-td4656028.htmldidn't reach my inbox.
>
> He suggested to use \Locale http://de.php.net/manual/de/class.locale.php.
>
> But I need list of all languages and all territories?
>

> On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 3:24 PM, Саша Стаменковић <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> Nope, there use to be Zend\Locale\Data\Cldr, but now entire Zend\Locale
>> namespace is gone.
>> ---
>> Regards,
>> Saša Stamenković
>>

>> On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 3:21 PM, Robert Basic <[hidden email]>wrote:
>>
>>> This?
>>> https://github.com/zendframework/zf2/tree/master/resources/languages

>>> More

>>> now?
>>>

>>> --
>>> ~Robert Basic;
>>> http://robertbasic.com/

Re: Is CLDR gone?

umpirsky
Anyone know what is the CLDR version in zf1 trunk? Or how to check it?
---
Regards,
Saša Stamenković