How to set up OpenID authentication

iceangel89
How to set up OpenID authentication, something of that like StackOverflow. i tried the code from http://framework.zend.com/manual/en/zend.auth.adapter.openid.html
$status = "";
$auth = Zend_Auth::getInstance();
if ((isset($_POST['openid_action']) &&
     $_POST['openid_action'] == "login" &&
     !empty($_POST['openid_identifier'])) ||
    isset($_GET['openid_mode']) ||
    isset($_POST['openid_mode'])) {
    $result = $auth->authenticate(
        new Zend_Auth_Adapter_OpenId(@$_POST['openid_identifier']));
this code does not seem to be working... i keep getting posted back to the same page UPDATE: oh i keep getting posted back because i forgot to add action and method attributes for the form. but now whats the meaning of Authentication failed Discovery failed?

Re: How to set up OpenID authentication

padraicb
Unfortunately, Zend_Openid has a few issues. I started doing some testing last week and will roll in some fixes in a while. In the meantime, I suggest reverting to something like the Janrain PHP library while this is being fixed.

Pádraic Brady

http://blog.astrumfutura.com
http://www.survivethedeepend.com
OpenID Europe Foundation Irish Representative

Re: How to set up OpenID authentication

Vladas Diržys
I had problems with Google's OpenId. So far I understood, Zend_OpenId was not supporting final OpenId 2.0 protocol version (only draft 11 version of it).

Maybe you have intentions to implement it?

Or only me has problems with Google's openId? :-)

Vladas Diržys