How to help with ZF2?

robertbasic
Hi all!

I'd just like to ask how, where to help with the ZF2 development? To fix,
make tests pass, import patches from ZF1, play around with existing code...?

Thanks!

~Robert Basic;
http://robertbasic.com/

Re: How to help with ZF2?

-- Robert Basic <[hidden email]> wrote
(on Wednesday, 27 July 2011, 05:37 PM +0200):
> I'd just like to ask how, where to help with the ZF2 development? To fix,
> make tests pass, import patches from ZF1, play around with existing code...?

You could:

 * Check for test failures, and try and correct them
 * Port Zend\Service classes that interest you to namespaces, new
   exception usage, etc.
 * As you suggest, port patches from ZF1

Also, try using the code in:

    http://github.com/weierophinney/zf-quickstart

In particular, the branches marked feature/di-* -- and build on them.
That will help us determine what does and does not work with the DI
implementation, as well as potentially point out some pain points or
areas to address during the MVC development. (I hope to post some big
news on that early next week.)

Thanks in advance!

List: [hidden email]

Re: How to help with ZF2?

robertbasic
On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 8:21 PM, Matthew Weier O'Phinney
<[hidden email]>wrote:

>  * As you suggest, port patches from ZF1

Issues that are ported to ZF2, should we somehow mark them in the issue
tracker? Just to add a comment to the issue, to open a new issue under ZF2,
...?

On a related note, what to do with the feature requests on the ZF1 issue
tracker? Close them there and open under ZF2?

~Robert Basic;
http://robertbasic.com/

Re: How to help with ZF2?

-- Robert Basic <[hidden email]> wrote
(on Thursday, 28 July 2011, 11:20 AM +0200):
> On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 8:21 PM, Matthew Weier O'Phinney
> <[hidden email]>wrote:
> >  * As you suggest, port patches from ZF1
> >
> Issues that are ported to ZF2, should we somehow mark them in the issue
> tracker? Just to add a comment to the issue, to open a new issue under ZF2,
> ...?

So, several things:

 * Fix them in a feature or hotfix branch named after the issue:
    * hotfix/ZF-11XYZ
    * feature/ZF-12345
   This makes it easy for me to then look at the issue in the tracker to
   see what it's resolving -- which also helps me determine whether or
   not the fix is appropriate for ZF2 (in some cases, it may not be).
 * When you issue a pull request, make a note of the URL in a comment on
   the issue so others know a patch has been ported already.
 * Once the patch is applied or rejected, comment on the issue to
   indicate this (if I haven't already).

The only reason to open a new issue against ZF2 is if the existing issue
in the tracker cannot be resolved in ZF1.

> On a related note, what to do with the feature requests on the ZF1 issue
> tracker? Close them there and open under ZF2?

In most cases, yes, but not in the method you suggest. :)

You can now clone issues to the ZF2 project. Do that first (making sure
you update the component), and then close the issue in the ZF project,
noting the new issue ID when you do.

List: [hidden email]

Questions about Code Scanner

Kim Blomqvist
Hello,

Background:
I'm working on my proposal, which is a ZF command line tool for
translation message parsing and language resource file generation (Zend
Tool Locale). The tool needs a function parameter parser to fetch
translation message strings from source files. Today I noted that ZF2
has a Code Scanner, so I'm likely inventing something which is already
solved - at least at some level.

Question:
Should it be possible to scan function parameters, like strings and
array keys with Zend/Code/Scanner/ParameterScanner? And what
Zend/Code/Scanner/FunctionScanner is planned to do?

The current state of my function parameter parser
https://github.com/kblomqvist/kblom-zf1/blob/experimental/library/Kblom/FunctionParamParser.php

Kim Blomqvist, kobsu@irc

--
List: [hidden email]