$_GET params with ZF

Sergio Gabriel Rodriguez
Hi all,
  I'm new with Zend Framework, I have a simple question about how Zend Framewok works, if I have a uri like this http://localhost/public/index/view/id/4 , can I access to the params with $_GET['id] or $_GET only exists if the url contain the question mark? ( I know I have to use $this->_getParam('id') )

I did a test with v1.8 and don't work, but a friend told me it works with an old framework version, it that true?

thanks!

--
Sergio Gabriel Rodriguez
http://www.3trex.com.ar

Re: $_GET params with ZF

Ralph Schindler-2
$_GET is a PHP languages level interface into retrieving HTTP GET
parameters, so yes, they have to be passed as GET params which means via
the url and after a "?".

In ZF, you are able to pass parameters on the url in specific known
locations.  See:

http://framework.zend.com/manual/en/zend.controller.router.html#zend.controller.router.default-routes

to understand more about the default router and how to get parameters
into an application without using $_GET or $_POST variables.

-ralph