FW: Zend Framework documentation

haclong

I'm supposed to submit a CLA but i don't know what CLA is... i'll check wikipedia.

HacLong
www.long2.net/Haclong

From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Zend Framework documentation
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 17:13:11 +0000

Hello

I start with ZF 1.11 and i've had a hard time with it.
My understanding is that ZF documentation lacks a lot of informations and details.
So since i'm discovering ZF step by step, i was wondering if my contribution would be fine for the documentation.
But i don't know how to help.

On the wiki, it is said : How to join the documentation and translation teams : Yes we need your help... but then, except posting to this mailing list, i don't see how to join...

When reading the Programmer's Reference Guide (http://framework.zend.com/manual/en/), we expect to find the kind of documentation we can find on php.net functions reference section. But instead, we get global information over Zend component.
But global informations does not really help when you are learning a language. And tutorials we manage to find out there are sometimes deprecated (old versions), sometimes, they refer to specific functionnalities but not to exhaustiv functionnalities.

Plus : the possibility to use Zend Framework components as standalone library or Zend Framework components with Zend Application component change everything in the way we instanciate and declare our plug in and other component. This is not clearly explained through all documentations and tutorials out there.

The API Documentation is quite raw and does not help either.

So since i'm new to ZF but i believe in it, i'd like to contribute and ease the discovery of ZF by improving the documentation.

I don't know if i'm writing to the right list... thank you for reply

HacLong
www.long2.net/Haclong

FW: Zend Framework documentation

haclong

HacLong
www.long2.net/Haclong

Re: FW: Zend Framework documentation

Julian Vidal
You don't need a CLA to contribute to the ZF2 documentation. That's only
for the ZF1 branch.

On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 2:14 PM, HacLong Long99 <[hidden email]>wrote:

> I'm supposed to submit a CLA but i don't know what CLA is... i'll check
> wikipedia.
>

> HacLong
> www.long2.net/Haclong
>
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Zend Framework documentation
> Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 17:13:11 +0000
>

> Hello
>
> I start with ZF 1.11 and i've had a hard time with it.
> My understanding is that ZF documentation lacks a lot of informations and
> details.
> So since i'm discovering ZF step by step, i was wondering if my
> contribution would be fine for the documentation.
> But i don't know how to help.
>
> On the wiki, it is said : How to join the documentation and translation
> teams : Yes we need your help... but then, except posting to this mailing
> list, i don't see how to join...
>
> When reading the Programmer's Reference Guide (
> http://framework.zend.com/manual/en/), we expect to find the kind of
> documentation we can find on php.net functions reference section. But
> instead, we get global information over Zend component.
> But global informations does not really help when you are learning a
> language. And tutorials we manage to find out there are sometimes
> deprecated (old versions), sometimes, they refer to specific
> functionnalities but not to exhaustiv functionnalities.
>
> Plus : the possibility to use Zend Framework components as standalone
> library or Zend Framework components with Zend Application component change
> everything in the way we instanciate and declare our plug in and other
> component. This is not clearly explained through all documentations and
> tutorials out there.
>
> The API Documentation is quite raw and does not help either.
>
> So since i'm new to ZF but i believe in it, i'd like to contribute and
> ease the discovery of ZF by improving the documentation.
>
> I don't know if i'm writing to the right list... thank you for reply
>

> HacLong
> www.long2.net/Haclong

Re: FW: Zend Framework documentation

Frank Brückner

> I'm supposed to submit a CLA but i don't know what CLA is... i'll check
> wikipedia.

Hello HacLong,
look here:
http://framework.zend.com/wiki/display/ZFPROP/Contributor+License+Agreement