Dochunt weekend

Bittarman
Hi all,

Just a quick reminder that this weekend will be our first dochunt!

We have swag from Zend, in the form of 10 elephpants and 1 Zend Studio / Server license to give away to the people who give the most.

I will be available on IRC from tomorrow at around 11am GMT onwards, and again on sunday.

Get your PR's in people!

Get your PR's in people!

Re: Dochunt weekend

Spabby
Also, never forget, PR's to docs can be raised at any time, not only this weekend (although there is no chance of swag outside this weeked :P).

Spabby

On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 7:59 PM, Zachary Burnham <[hidden email]> wrote:
Please add to InputFilter.  It's embarrassing.  I would, except I have Bruins tickets.

On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 3:49 PM, Gary Hockin <[hidden email]> wrote:

I'll be on earlier to merge any early risers pr!

On 15 Mar 2013 19:37, "Ryan Mauger" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

Just a quick reminder that this weekend will be our first dochunt!

We have swag from Zend, in the form of 10 elephpants and 1 Zend Studio / Server license to give away to the people who give the most.

I will be available on IRC from tomorrow at around 11am GMT onwards, and again on sunday.

Get your PR's in people!

Get your PR's in people!

Re: Dochunt weekend

Mohammad ZeinEddin
Hi all:
I have been waiting for this "Dochunt" since Ryan suggested it, I am not a contributor nor an expert in zf2, but our team are working on a big project based on zf2, and we are new to zf2, and we are having some problems in docs, maybe we can help in suggesting some areas to improve...
For example, we have been facing a major problem which is where to put things... for example there is a good documentation about Zend\Permissions\Acl and Zend\Permissions\Rbac, but where to put the code to make things work as a part of a complete application... also for the session management and authentication, I know how to authenticate, but where to put the code of authentication and checking the existing sessions...
Another thing is how to divide the application different classes, I have been seeing models, services, libraries, mappers, factories,...etc, what is the differences between each of them...? and what should each of them handle? an example that explains each part of this is very helpful.
I think these are some of the basic things that newcomers need to know to understand how to build their application, and I think this information is more important to know than the classes details.
So I suggest to make a documentation for building a "complete skeleton application" from zero, and that shows how everything works together to achieve the big picture of a "complete" application. This documentation should include authentication, authorization, navigation, translation, session handling, translation, CRUD, and other basic and advanced functionality and options.
I hope that someone can work on such example application documentation since it will help a lot the newcomers. And thank you all for your efforts. :)

Best Regards,
Mohammad A. ZeinEddin

On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 9:37 PM, Ryan Mauger <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

Just a quick reminder that this weekend will be our first dochunt!

We have swag from Zend, in the form of 10 elephpants and 1 Zend Studio / Server license to give away to the people who give the most.

I will be available on IRC from tomorrow at around 11am GMT onwards, and again on sunday.

Get your PR's in people!

Re: Dochunt weekend

Ralf Eggert

unfortunately, I missed the dochunt weekend because my little daughter
was sick the whole weekend. Could someone write a brief summary what wa
achieved in the last days?

Thanks,

Ralf

Re: Dochunt weekend