Contribute

hottimbo
Hi,

How do I go about joining the Auth Team?

Thanks,
Tim

Re: Contribute

Darby Felton
Hi Tim,

I did not see a Contributor License Agreement (CLA) on file for you, and
completing a CLA would be a good first step, as it is a prerequisite for
contributing to the Zend Framework.

Details about completing the CLA and plenty of other information are
available at the following wiki page:

Zend Framework Contributor - Getting Started
http://framework.zend.com/wiki/x/GgE

Please let us know if you should have any questions!

Best regards,
Darby

Tim McCormick wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How do I go about joining the Auth Team?
>
> Thanks,
> Tim

RE: Contribute

Sorin Alin Stoiana
Hello,

I would like to contribute also. I have signed the CLA and sent it via
e-mail. How do I know when it has been processed?

Thanks,

Sorin Alin Stoiana

Tim McCormick wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How do I go about joining the Auth Team?
>
> Thanks,
> Tim

_________________________
This email was transferred using a StartUp version
of AXIGEN Mail Server.

Re: Contribute

Darby Felton
Hi Sorin,

You should receive an e-mail once your CLA has been processed. Gavin
generally deals with the CLAs, so I've copied him for reference. I think
we have a pretty good stack of them right now, so please be patient as
we ready for your contributions.

In the meantime, to which parts of the framework are you particularly
interested in contributing? There are many areas in which we would
sincerely appreciate your support. Maybe your posting to fw-auth means
that you are interested in Zend_Acl, Zend_Auth, and/or Zend_Session?

Best regards,
Darby

Sorin Alin Stoiana wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to contribute also. I have signed the CLA and sent it via
> e-mail. How do I know when it has been processed?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sorin Alin Stoiana

RE: Contribute

Sorin Alin Stoiana
Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply. I am interested in contributing to Zend_Auth, to
be exact. I have a few ideas I have put into a working (although incomplete)
implementation.

Regards,

Sorin Alin Stoiana

_________________________
This email was transferred using a StartUp version
of AXIGEN Mail Server.

_________________________
This email was transferred using a StartUp version
of AXIGEN Mail Server.

Re: Contribute

Darby Felton
Hi Sorin,

Please feel free to attach your contributions to the Zend_Auth proposal:

http://framework.zend.com/wiki/x/uAw

This proposal was conditionally approved for incubator development just
this week. What timing!

I would review your implementation next week and see how we can
integrate your ideas into the progress we've reached thus far. Others
can do so, however, as soon as you've published your work, and I would
encourage interested people to do so.

Thank you for your support!

Best regards,
Darby

Sorin Alin Stoiana wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the quick reply. I am interested in contributing to Zend_Auth, to
> be exact. I have a few ideas I have put into a working (although incomplete)
> implementation.
>
> Regards,
>
> Sorin Alin Stoiana

RE: Contribute

Sorin Alin Stoiana
Hi,

I haven't been able to attach the files to the proposal. I have attached the
files to this mail instead.

Regards,

Sorin Alin Stoiana

_________________________
This email was transferred using a StartUp version
of AXIGEN Mail Server.

This email was transferred using a StartUp version
of AXIGEN Mail Server.

Token.php (3K) Download Attachment
Auth.php (1K) Download Attachment
Ldap.php (3K) Download Attachment
Passwd.php (4K) Download Attachment
Credentials.php (1K) Download Attachment
Identity.php (1017 bytes) Download Attachment
Dbtable.php (3K) Download Attachment

Re: Contribute

Stanislav Malyshev
> I haven't been able to attach the files to the proposal. I have attached the
> files to this mail instead.

Thanks for your contribution, I've uploaded the files to the page. I
have some feedback on this:

- I do not see why we need identity class. We can't possibly know what
each app considers to be identity and we don't provide any services with
this class.
- Same for credentials class - I don't see which services we can
provide, since we don't know anything about what credentials application
could use. Thus, I propose to have both as values opaque for base
classes and known only to implementations.
- This implementation proposes to pass token to the concrete auth class.
I think it is not good since concrete token class might be
implementation dependent and creating it by authenticator client would
mean that it should know details about currently used authenticator
adapter and concrete token it needs to use. My opinion that it would be
unnecessary abstraction breach.
- It was decided that zend_auth would receive concrete authenticator
adapter object.

--
Stanislav Malyshev, Zend Products Engineer
[hidden email]  http://www.zend.com/

Re: Contribute

padraicb
Going roughly by the interface/class skeletons in the proposal (not so much the comments) I implemented something about a week back - really simple example I think. I'll add it to the proposal for folk to see. I found the class skeletons and interfaces in the proposal body to work rather well.

A more complex example also pointed out that's there no benefit to forcing a strict adapter/token interface. You could feasibly have any mix of credentials and return values depending on the actual login process (I just did a simple user/pass using a small non-ZF database lib, and another using a challenge/response implementation).

Pádraic

Pádraic Brady
http://blog.quantum-star.com
http://www.patternsforphp.com