Content Management Question

Christopher Wurtz
Good Day,

Long time lurker looking for a little information.

I was curious if the Zend Framework at some time in the future will have
any classes for handling file management task such as uploading files,
deleting files, renaming file, ect that might be used in code to create a
content management script.

Alternatively, if there is anyone that might have any good suggestions for
a good PHP 5 content management system that would be great. I am looking
for something that allows for uploading of various documents such as
PDF's, DOC, ect, and would also allow for uploading and thumb nailing
of images.

    Christopher Wurtz

Re: Content Management Question

André Hoffmann
http://fckeditor.prosjektweb.net/

this is an online wysiwyg html editor + a file manager plugin
since you want to make a cm system i guess you'll need both of them, but you could also use them seprately if you wanted to..

--
best regards,
André Hoffmann
Germany

Re: Content Management Question

Steven Van Poeck
Hello Christopher,

For your second question, you best check here:
http://www.opensourcecms.com/

You can actually try (almost) each CMS listed there as user *and* as
admin. And there are more than 30 of them :)

That way, you can make your choice in an independent way upon your own
impressions.

HTH,
Steven Van Poeck
http://svanpoeck.free.fr/blog/tech/

Christopher Wurtz a écrit :

> Good Day,
>
> Long time lurker looking for a little information.
>
> I was curious if the Zend Framework at some time in the future will have
> any classes for handling file management task such as uploading files,
> deleting files, renaming file, ect that might be used in code to create a
> content management script.
>
> Alternatively, if there is anyone that might have any good suggestions for
> a good PHP 5 content management system that would be great. I am looking
> for something that allows for uploading of various documents such as
> PDF's, DOC, ect, and would also allow for uploading and thumb nailing
> of images.
>
>     Christopher Wurtz

Re: Content Management Question

GavinZend
Hi Christopher,

 > I was curious if the Zend Framework at some time in the future will have
 > any classes for handling file management task such as uploading files,

Although I'm not aware of any current plans for a component wrapping
upload/file management, examining the PEAR solution below highlights how
a framework component might add value through standardization (e.g.
handling of i18n and l10n issues within the component), even when
duplicating the functionality.

Regarding "file management" capabilities, this sounds more like an
application to me, and less like a commonly needed component.

When I wrote a custom "uploader" CGI (avoids tying up an instance of PHP
for the duration of long, slow uploads) for a personal project, I found
the following links interesting:

http://www.php.net/features.file-upload - interesting ideas in the comments
http://pear.php.net/package/HTTP_Upload - uploader from PEAR
http://www.raditha.com/php/progress.php - pure PHP solution with