Community Server - PEAR

Thomas Weidner
Hy all,

where can I find pear and/or pecl within the community server ?
I looked around  but I only found the php.ini file.

In detail:
I am in need of phpunit and xdebug and therefor I would need pear.

Thanks for the effort

Greetings
Thomas

Re: Community Server - PEAR

Thomas Weidner
I was logged in with ssh / telnet but wether pear nor pecl were recognised.
"command not installed"

And also the path as mentioned in wiki to php (where pear is installed
normally) is not avaiable.

Any other help ?

Greetings
Thomas

> You should be able to type pear install while logged in without problem
>
> On 4/18/07, Thomas Weidner <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hy all,
>>
>> where can I find pear and/or pecl within the community server ?
>> I looked around  but I only found the php.ini file.
>>
>> In detail:
>> I am in need of phpunit and xdebug and therefor I would need pear.
>>
>> Thanks for the effort
>>
>> Greetings
>> Thomas

Re: Community Server - PEAR

Matthew Ratzloff
From now on, can everyone make sure to 'Reply to All'?  I may be actively
using the server space in the near future and it'd be nice to gain the
shared experience of getting everything set up.

Thanks,

-Matt

On Wed, April 18, 2007 5:51 am, Thomas Weidner wrote:

> I was logged in with ssh / telnet but wether pear nor pecl were
> recognised.
> "command not installed"
>
> And also the path as mentioned in wiki to php (where pear is installed
> normally) is not avaiable.
>
> Any other help ?
>
> Greetings
> Thomas

>>> Thomas

Re: Community Server - PEAR

Thomas Weidner
Sorry Matthew... I must apologize.
I thought that I had wrote CC to the list as always.

Greetings
Thomas

> using the server space in the near future and it'd be nice to gain the
> shared experience of getting everything set up.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Matt
>
> On Wed, April 18, 2007 5:51 am, Thomas Weidner wrote:
>> I was logged in with ssh / telnet but wether pear nor pecl were
>> recognised.
>> "command not installed"
>>
>> And also the path as mentioned in wiki to php (where pear is installed
>> normally) is not avaiable.
>>
>> Any other help ?
>>
>> Greetings
>> Thomas

Re: Community Server - PEAR

Thomas Weidner
Nope... :-(
-bash: lynx: command not found

Greetings
Thomas

> It seems the recent reload rpms for php5 don't have a pear package
>
> Try lynx -source http://go-pear.org/ | php and let me know if that
> gets you going.
>
> On 4/18/07, Thomas Weidner <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Sorry Matthew... I must apologize.
>> I thought that I had wrote CC to the list as always.
>>
>> Greetings
>> Thomas

Re: Community Server - PEAR

Thomas Weidner
Ah...

This worked.
Just one small thing...
I had no permission for standard installation to /usr
So I had to change this to /home/USER

Thanks Eric :-)

Greetings
Thomas