Quantcast

Circuit Breaker proposal

Artur Ejsmont
Hi there guys and girls

I finally found some time to add a wiki page for the component.

I would appreciate some feedback.

Code is available on my site if you want to have a look. Also please
tell me is there some shared svn or git where i should put the
component into ? some incubator repo? In case its hard to find:
http://artur.ejsmont.org/blog/sites/default/files/zend_cb_release_0.1_2010_06_20.zip

Also what are requirements for the component to go to ready to review
state? do i just change it or do i need all milestones and code /
tests to be ready?

I wonder is there any interest in this type of component at all and
does it make any sense to provide zf1 support? I myself think its
worth as will take time before people all move on but i would like to
hear some opinions. Porting it is not a big deal any way.

thanks a lot!

art

Visit me at:
http://artur.ejsmont.org/blog/

Re: Circuit Breaker proposal

till-2
http://framework.zend.com/wiki/display/ZFPROP/Zend_CircuitBreaker+-+Artur+Ejsmont

;-)

On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 3:02 AM, Artur Ejsmont <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi there guys and girls
>
> I finally found some time to add a wiki page for the component.
>
> I would appreciate some feedback.
>
> Code is available on my site if you want to have a look. Also please
> tell me is there some shared svn or git where i should put the
> component into ? some incubator repo? In case its hard to find:
> http://artur.ejsmont.org/blog/sites/default/files/zend_cb_release_0.1_2010_06_20.zip
>
> Also what are requirements for the component to go to ready to review
> state? do i just change it or do i need all milestones and code /
> tests to be ready?
>
> I wonder is there any interest in this type of component at all and
> does it make any sense to provide zf1 support? I myself think its
> worth as will take time before people all move on but i would like to
> hear some opinions. Porting it is not a big deal any way.
>
> thanks a lot!
>
> art
>
> --
> Visit me at:
> http://artur.ejsmont.org/blog/

Re: Circuit Breaker proposal

Artur Ejsmont
Good point :) it was 2 am last night :) thanks till

wrote:

>> Hi there guys and girls
>>
>> I finally found some time to add a wiki page for the component.
>>
>> I would appreciate some feedback.
>>
>> Code is available on my site if you want to have a look. Also please
>> tell me is there some shared svn or git where i should put the
>> component into ? some incubator repo? In case its hard to find:

http://artur.ejsmont.org/blog/sites/default/files/zend_cb_release_0.1_2010_06_20.zip

>> Also what are requirements for the component to go to ready to review
>> state? do i just change it or do i need all milestones and code /
>> tests to be ready?
>>
>> I wonder is there any interest in this type of component at all and
>> does it make any sense to provide zf1 support? I myself think its
>> worth as will take time before people all move on but i would like to
>> hear some opinions. Porting it is not a big deal any way.
>>
>> thanks a lot!
>>
>> art
>>
>> --
>> Visit me at:
>> http://artur.ejsmont.org/blog/

Re: Circuit Breaker proposal

till-2
Heh... no worries.

I briefly looked too and think that's a really interesting pattern, I
"read later'd" your stuff for my Monday morning coffee reads.

Till

On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 1:09 PM, Artur Ejsmont <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Good point :) it was 2 am last night :) thanks till
> On 21 Nov 2010 11:28, "till" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
> http://framework.zend.com/wiki/display/ZFPROP/Zend_CircuitBreaker+-+Artur+Ejsmont
>>
>> ;-)
>>
>> On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 3:02 AM, Artur Ejsmont <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>> Hi there guys and girls
>>>
>>> I finally found some time to add a wiki page for the component.
>>>
>>> I would appreciate some feedback.
>>>
>>> Code is available on my site if you want to have a look. Also please
>>> tell me is there some shared svn or git where i should put the
>>> component into ? some incubator repo? In case its hard to find:
>>>
> http://artur.ejsmont.org/blog/sites/default/files/zend_cb_release_0.1_2010_06_20.zip
>>>
>>> Also what are requirements for the component to go to ready to review
>>> state? do i just change it or do i need all milestones and code /
>>> tests to be ready?
>>>
>>> I wonder is there any interest in this type of component at all and
>>> does it make any sense to provide zf1 support? I myself think its
>>> worth as will take time before people all move on but i would like to
>>> hear some opinions. Porting it is not a big deal any way.
>>>
>>> thanks a lot!
>>>
>>> art
>>>
>>> --
>>> Visit me at:
>>> http://artur.ejsmont.org/blog/

Re: Circuit Breaker proposal

Sascha-Oliver Prolic
Hi Artur,

I just took a short look at your source code. I really like that idea, good job.
For the APC handler with no dependency on zend cache, I wanted to say,
that you could check if there is a Zend Cache in the Registry, if so,
you use it, if not, use your own apc implementation without Zend
Cache. The code duplication is so minimal, but the performance would
be a bit better, that would make less race conditions.
Perhabs you can configure the CircuitBraker with Zend Application Resource.

Sascha-Oliver Prolic