CDATA with Zend_Rest_Client

mark-ibuildings
The Zend_Rest_Client (version 1.5.2) doesn't support CDATA in it's result, I just made a small change in the code so it works but was wondering if this might be fixed already or will be in the future?

The change: Add the LIBXML_NOCDATA param to the simplexml_load_string() function in \Rest\Client\Result.php.

Re: CDATA with Zend_Rest_Client

James Dempster
If you have access to the Issue Tracker then it would be helpful if you could create an issue, and even attach a patch file if it's not too much trouble.

Thanks,
/James Dempster

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 9:01 AM, mark-ibuildings <[hidden email]> wrote:

The Zend_Rest_Client (version 1.5.2) doesn't support CDATA in it's result, I
just made a small change in the code so it works but was wondering if this
might be fixed already or will be in the future?

The change: Add the LIBXML_NOCDATA param to the simplexml_load_string()
function in \Rest\Client\Result.php.

Re: CDATA with Zend_Rest_Client

-- mark-ibuildings <[hidden email]> wrote
(on Tuesday, 03 June 2008, 01:01 AM -0700):

> The Zend_Rest_Client (version 1.5.2) doesn't support CDATA in it's result, I
> just made a small change in the code so it works but was wondering if this
> might be fixed already or will be in the future?
>
> The change: Add the LIBXML_NOCDATA param to the simplexml_load_string()
> function in \Rest\Client\Result.php.

Please place an issue in the tracker for this.

Thanks!

Software Architect       | [hidden email]
Zend Framework           | http://framework.zend.com/

Re: CDATA with Zend_Rest_Client

James Dempster
Marks created one. :-)
http://framework.zend.com/issues/browse/ZF-3373

/James Dempster

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 12:56 PM, Matthew Weier O'Phinney <[hidden email]> wrote:
-- mark-ibuildings <[hidden email]> wrote
(on Tuesday, 03 June 2008, 01:01 AM -0700):

> The Zend_Rest_Client (version 1.5.2) doesn't support CDATA in it's result, I
> just made a small change in the code so it works but was wondering if this
> might be fixed already or will be in the future?
>
> The change: Add the LIBXML_NOCDATA param to the simplexml_load_string()
> function in \Rest\Client\Result.php.

Please place an issue in the tracker for this.

Thanks!

Software Architect       | [hidden email]
Zend Framework           | http://framework.zend.com/

Re: CDATA with Zend_Rest_Client

alexlavr
Thanks for the tip. Just an into the problem trying to use Zend Rest Client with Zoho API. This made CDATA work:
$this->_sxml = simplexml_load_string($data, 'SimpleXMLElement', LIBXML_NOCDATA);