- Separating components into individual, versioned projects.
- Updating the existing full-stack MVC framework to depend on the newly
independent components for better reuse and simplicity. ZF2 MVC
applications will have a documented upgrade path to ZF3 requiring
- Embracing middleware runtime patterns as a lighter weight
alternative to the enterprise MVC framework stack.
- Enabling Apigility to work as a middleware stack, for better
performance and simplicity, with the same streamlined, powerful user
- Optimizing for PHP 7, but supporting PHP 5.5 onwards.
Read the full announcement for more details, and keep an eye on the Zend
Framework blog for future posts that dive into technical details.