Alias for translate Helper

HHGAG

Hasan H. Gürsoy (HHGAG)

"Hasan H. Gürsoy" <[hidden email]> schrieb:

>Hi there,
>
>is it possibly to add an alias to the
>
>Zend\I18n\Translator\TranslatorServiceFactory
>
>We're using text_domains so the calls in the template get quite long, so it
>would be shorter, if the known alias
>    _
>for gettext could be added by default.
>
>Change would be:
>
>    public function createService(ServiceLocatorInterface $serviceLocator)
>    {
>        // Configure the translator
>        $config = $serviceLocator->get('Configuration');
>        $translator = Translator::factory($config['translator']);
>
>        // Provide translator to the view helpers
>
>$serviceLocator->get('ViewHelperManager')->get('translate')->setTranslator($translator);
>
>$serviceLocator->get('ViewHelperManager')->get('translateplural')->setTranslator($translator);
>        $serviceLocator->get('ViewHelperManager')->setAlias('_',
>'translate');
>
>        return $translator;
>    }
>
>Alternative would be add a configuration section for the ViewHelperManager.
>
>cmple had also asked for it:
>http://zend-framework-community.634137.n4.nabble.com/ZF2-Translator-view-helper-no-longer-works-td4655480.html

>Hasan H. Gürsoy (HHGAG)
Hasan H. Gürsoy (HHGAG)

Re: Alias for translate Helper

EvanDotPro
On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 12:38 PM, Hasan H. Gürsoy <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hasan H. Gürsoy (HHGAG)
>
> "Hasan H. Gürsoy" <[hidden email]> schrieb:
>
> >Hi there,
> >
> >is it possibly to add an alias to the
> >
> >Zend\I18n\Translator\TranslatorServiceFactory
> >
> >We're using text_domains so the calls in the template get quite long, so
> > it
> >would be shorter, if the known alias
> >    _
> >for gettext could be added by default.

Have you tested this? I thought about doing something like this, but
last I checked the service manager had a canonicalizeName() method
which strips things like underscores from alias and/or service names.
This would mean having an alias like '_' would be impossible. :(

Evan Coury

Re: Alias for translate Helper

HHGAG
Hi Evan,

yes that's tested yet.

Hasan H. Gürsoy (HHGAG)

Hasan H. Gürsoy (HHGAG)

Re: Alias for translate Helper

HHGAG
I've added an onBootstrap listener in one of the modules, so the aliases will be added without any changes:

    public function onBootstrap($e)
    {
        $e->getApplication()->getServiceManager()->get('ViewHelperManager')->setAlias('_', 'translate');
        $e->getApplication()->getServiceManager()->get('ViewHelperManager')->setAlias('plural', 'translateplural');
    }

that works fine.
Hasan H. Gürsoy (HHGAG)